5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for dummies!, Nov. 16 2001
Don't let the title mislead you. Even if you already have a background in marketing, you'll love this book-- I did.
Barbara Schenck clearly explains the jargon, terminology, value, and implementation details of each facet of marketing, using real-world (and often humorous) examples. This book is so accessible to non-marketeers that our company has made Chapter 21 (Customer Service) required reading for each member of our team.
This book is empowering, informative, inspirational. If you're rethinking your marketing (and what business isn't constantly obsessed with satisfying their customers), then make this book your road map. As instructed by the simple exercises in each chapter, I took notes while making my way through the book. Then following the instructions in the final chapters, I was able to create a Marketing Plan in just a few hours. I found the process invigorating, and our clients can already feel our enthusiasm-- and we haven't even started implementing yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Take it from a dummy: This book works!, April 25 2001
George Engebretson (Honolulu, HI United States) - See all my reviews
As a card-carrying dummy, I opened "Small Business Marketing for Dummies" with high hopes. I wasn't disappointed: in great detail and in plain English, Barbara Findlay Schenck has produced an exhaustive, fact-packed, thoroughly enjoyable guide to marketing. While I've picked up a few tricks of the trade during my ten years in retail/distribution, both as a sole proprietor and in a partnership, Schenck's book shows me how much more I have to learn in this wide and fascinating arena. Besides serving as a powerful motivator, "Small Business Marketing for Dummies" is long on specifics: the hows and whys of reaching customers and bringing them back for more. The book's Internet chapters, for example, are chock full of Web sites and strategies completely new to me. Having read many other marketing resources over the years, I can say without equivocation that this one comes closest to being a bible of the genre. Even the most clueless among us can use the book as a kind of in-house consultant, an easy, expert guide through the labyrinth of marketing a small business.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good with one caveat, Feb. 21 2002
I really liked this book overall. It brought a lot of things together for me. But, I think too much of the book is dedicated to advertising, which a really small business or startup may not have the funds to do. I think more on promotion and "guerilla" tactics would have made this a really outstanding book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The PEERLESS new "Bible" for small businesses!, June 7 2001
By A Customer
Barbara Findlay Schenck has FINALLY brought us what we've all, as small business owners and entrepreneurs been in need of, the consummate book of wisdom and guidance for marketing concerns A-Z. I had not a single question remaining in my mind when I closed the back cover. She's thought of it all. Absolutely invaluable information, in fact, perhaps priceless.Excellent investment.

Small Business Marketing For Dummies
Small Business Marketing For Dummies by Barbara Findlay Schenck (Paperback - Feb. 4 2005)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.58