march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 11-15 of 15 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on October 13, 2000
As a biology teacher, titles like this grab my attention. This work unviels a fascinating landscape of improbable life in a world that should not be. Central to the fine adventure tale laid out is the descriptions that bring the unknown continent to life in the reader's mind. The idea is a great one and the execution flawless. And the upshot of the whole thing took me so much by surprise that I must recomend it.
on August 28, 1999
I thought it was good. It starts out with a group of people going to explore a new Europe. You kind of wish it would stay like that. The way the story changes keept my interest. Not a lot of books hol;d it as well as this one. I Kind of wish I was the main character.
on July 28, 1999
This book is neither as bad nor as good as the other reviews make it out to be. The various plot strands do not always mesh well, but once the story gets going there is considerable narrative drive and Wilson writes with great style.
on October 5, 1999
A great airplane book. I really enjoyed the writing, and thought that this is better than Mysterium or the Harvest. They're all very enjoyable to read. Wilson deserves to have his books in print - I can't find the early stuff.
on August 21, 1999
I liked Darwinia, it was pretty good. I liked the idea of Europe turing into a prehistoric jungle, it seemed exciting reading about giant bugs crawling up your legs. But towards the end I din't like all the deamons (sp).