biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: PaperbackChange

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on December 22, 2010
I was thrilled to receive this latest installment in the "Irish Country" series by Patrick Taylor. I am totally immersed in the lives of the characters of this series, and it looks like another book will need to be written by Taylor! If you are a Binchy fan, you'll love Patrick Taylor. I would recommend that the books be read in order, as the story line is more or less chronological.
on April 9, 2011
Patrick Taylor is a lovely writer. His Balleybucklebo books are a great read. The people ( I can't use the word characters as I feel like these folks are alive somewhere) are a pleasure to experience. This is not heavy reading but a pleasurable read that carries you away to place that you feel you like to live. Read all the Fingal, Kinky, Barry books you can find!!!
on October 11, 2011
The Irish Country Doctor series is always a joy to read. I always enjoy visiting this village and meeting the residents. Having been to Ireland, these books always bring back memories of the wonderful people I met there.
on March 7, 2013
I am a reader not a writer. Please don't ask me again to explain why I like a book. I just like to read.
on February 2, 2014
I am about 1/2 way through and enjoying it very much. This is the fourth one in this series that I have read and I intend to read all of them in this series in order.
on July 3, 2015
I Love the Irish setting, Taylor is a great storyteller, culturally and medically correct, wonderful tales of Ballybucklebo....so on to the next book!!
on January 14, 2014
Courtship is a word no longer used unfortunately. Takes you back to days of manners traditions and charm so unlike today. Pity.
on April 9, 2013
wE HAVE READ THE WHOLE SERIES THUS FAR AND REALLY ENJOY THEM.
The characters make you laugh and cry - a really good read!
on September 3, 2015
I love this whole series, Patrick Taylor is very amusing
on November 7, 2014
great book loved it and wish for more in this series