5.0 out of 5 stars Most fulfilling read ever *minor spoilers, possibly*
For myself at least. I haven't been reading this series as long as some, but it's been part of my life for more than 10 years, and while it clearly would have been better if written by RJ himself, I feel that Sanderson handled all three books--and this one in particularly--capably, and even improved some elements (such as pacing).

There are some loose ends I...
Published 18 months ago by Bishop Black

3.0 out of 5 stars It was OK, some disconnected chapters. It wasn't really an ending but it was an end.
The story line didn't disappoint. It was a still an amazing story. There was some disconnected/almost repeating thoughts in some of the chapters. This happened several times. Mainly because two author was penning the story. This made me feel that more work could have been put into the book.
All it all, it was a pleasure to read, but has an anti climatic ending...
Published 17 months ago by PeterPan

5.0 out of 5 stars Most fulfilling read ever *minor spoilers, possibly*, Jan. 10 2013
This review is from: A Memory of Light (Hardcover)

There are some loose ends I would have liked to have seen wrapped up, but that would have necessitated at least another book, and I'm happy with the finished product, very happy. I'm woman enough to admit I cried many, many times, and felt emotionally gutted at the deaths of characters I don't even like, because the story just draws me in so totally.

I was particularly happy to *finally* get into Logain's head--yes we finally get POV from Logain!--and watch him find his way to the glory and power Min foresaw. He's hands down my favorite character (well, ok tied with Verin), and I feel satisfied with the way his thread was woven in the the pattern.

It could have been better, sure, and some of the situations seemed a bit forced perhaps, but tying up such a massive series as this would have been difficult enough for RJ. For a man stepping into RJ's shoes, I think Sanderson did a great job, and I thank both men, and everyone else involved over the years in the creation of this series, because it has brought so much joy to my life, and inspires me to follow my dreams of writing and creating works others can enjoy too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ending to a great series, June 2 2014
I enjoyed the last three books in the series particularly because they brought everything to a close. Brandon Sanderson brought the story back on track and seemed to return to the roots of the story. I was skeptical at first because Robert Jordan didn't complete the books, but I was extremely impressed by the way the last three were written, how the different strands of the story were tied off and how exciting they were.

Part of me wishes there were more books.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, April 14 2014
This review is from: A Memory of Light (Hardcover)
continues the page turning saga, hard to put down!! lots of characters, but adds depth to the story and well worth the read!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, good series., March 19 2014
Kathi (Calgary, AB, Canada) - See all my reviews
I enjoyed the book and enjoyed the series. It was a big time commitment with the length and number of books, but worth it. I felt like I'd left an old friend behind when I finished them all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, and well worth it!, March 18 2014
Brandon Sanderson did a fantastic job finishing a series that has been near and dear to me for close to 2 decades. I can finally let go of Rand and all the other great characters from this series. What a great conclusion, bravo!

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterful!, March 10 2014
I waited for a long time to see how the saga would end. I think the ending was very satisfying and tied up all the loose ends well. Masterful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Grand finale, March 2 2014
I. Mitchell - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: A Memory of Light (Hardcover)
I started reading the Wheel of Time back in 1990, and gave up a couple of times along the way. Once I finally knew the last volume would be published, however, I re-read the earlier books and followed through to the end.

This final book is intense. Much as some of the books later in the series were justly criticized for the lack of events and little plot progress, A Memory of Light makes up for it with non-stop action throughout. The book essentially describes the "Last Battle" by alternating between various viewpoints at a rapid pace. Another criticism of the series has been that major characters all seem to survive no matter what they go through, but again this book makes up for it by killing off a lot of significant characters, some of which surprised me.

This isn't a perfect novel by any means. In particular there are a few characters (such as Mat) that don't come across the same in the books Brandon Sanderson finished off as in the earlier novels. A couple of events that were heavily foreshadowed also ended up a bit disappointing. However, overall it is a fitting end to the series and I pretty much couldn't put the book down over the last couple hundred pages except when I had to go for a walk to let out some tension; whatever else its faults the book really captured my attention. The series as a whole remains a remarkable achievement that paved the way for many of the new generation of fantasy authors.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fitting ending, Jan. 19 2014
This review is from: A Memory of Light (Hardcover)
While I devoured every book before this one in the Wheel of Time series, I was very interested in how Brandon Sanderson would end the intriguing tale. While I hoped everyone would be in love/make up/become besties again, this doesn't happen. The ending to this series was done very well, Mr. Sanderson!

**PS: the grammar and sentence structure of this review is terrible. I will correct later. **

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally...., Jan. 19 2014
After a decade of reading, waiting for the next book, and picking up the story again, the epic story has come to an end. This final book did not disappoint. Unlike many multi book stories this one did not wrap up in the final ten pages. Every thing came together, all loose ends tied up, over the course of the entire book ending with an acceptable finish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, Jan. 18 2014
Final book of the series, and it was worth waiting for! Fast paced beginning to end, I had to get my husband to spoil the ending so I could feed my kids. Well written and intense. Loved it!

A Memory of Light
A Memory of Light by Brandon Sanderson (Hardcover - Jan. 8 2013)
CDN$ 39.99 CDN$ 25.07