5.0 out of 5 stars New favourite author!
I decided to try a Brandon Sanderson book after reading his continuation of Robert Jordan's epic Wheel of Time series. Wow! I was very impressed - completely new uses of magic and a gripping storyline that made it hard to put the books down. This series is nice in that it is complete in 3 parts, so no need to wait for another installment. A definite buy!
Published on May 19 2011 by Maria Rose

3.0 out of 5 stars All Together A Good Read With Some Yawns
Was tempted to give a 3 star but i'll up it to 4.

I suppose as someone who read his StormLight Series before the Mistborne i had higher expectations. The first book is incredible, riveting and powerful although we barely understand the antagonist... Kelsier is a fascinating character and is instantly likeable..

However throughout the rest of the...
Published 1 month ago by Raamayan Ananda

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars New favourite author!, May 19 2011
Maria Rose (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely an addicting series, Sept. 28 2012
This review is from: Mistborn Trilogy Boxed Set (Mass Market Paperback)
Cleverly written and one of the most interesting and engaging set of fantasy novels I have read. Sanderson's uniquely dark take on magic coupled with the fact that the story is concluded within 3 books definitely makes this series stand out amongst the best of fantasy novels. The script before the beginning of each chapter adds an additional element of intrigue to the main storyline. I am looking forward to reading Alloy of the Law which takes places 300 years after the events that transpired in the trilogy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Enjoyment!!, Jan. 23 2013
J Reader (CANADA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Mistborn Trilogy Boxed Set (Mass Market Paperback)
This series was a pleasure to read. I'm so happy I came upon it. I'd never heard of Brandon Sanderson or Mistborn, it just came up in my Amazon recommendations.

It's clear that the full series was crafted from beginning to end before the first book was written. Everything ties together brilliantly throughout.

This is an intriguing world where monsters roam the nights, beasts attack cities and supernatural forces have a hand in it all. The writing is clever and even the most creative reader is unlikely to predict the direction of the stories as they unfold.

The characters are what makes this story stand above much modern writing. Everyone has a history, everone has a unique personality and it's all done without often dull character exposition. The reader learns about the characters as they live their lives, through the natural course of the plot.

I loved every aspect of this series and I hope you treat yourself to the adventure that is this trilogy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Engrossing read, Jan. 17 2011
This review is from: Mistborn Trilogy Boxed Set (Mass Market Paperback)
Only halfway through and I can see why they chose this author to finish the Wheel of Time series. The world he's created is deeply and extensively unravelled throughout the books - the characters are well developed with volumes of information subtly woven throughout chapter headings "readings" and inner thoughts of the characters. Well paced and cleverly written. I would highly recommend to those who love a darker fantasy read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mistborn, Dec 4 2013
This review is from: Mistborn Trilogy Boxed Set (Mass Market Paperback)
Lots of mysteries going on in these books. They keep you captivated throughout the trilogy. Almost a mystical setting. I'd love to see a movie made of this story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Start reading this book.... NOW!!!, Oct. 27 2013
This review is from: Mistborn Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
I loved the writing and the characters in this book. Now I am recommending it to anyone and everyone. The world that Sanderson creates just comes off the pages and right from the first book I was hooked in. I have read the A Song of Ice and Fire series and Name of the Wind. This trilogy is on my top lists in terms of fantasy.

Great action scenes and storytelling!

3.0 out of 5 stars All Together A Good Read With Some Yawns, Sept. 14 2014
This review is from: Mistborn Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
Was tempted to give a 3 star but i'll up it to 4.

However throughout the rest of the books, there is not that much depth of character, and the same details about the characters are repeated over and over again in a way that makes me want to skip it... I found myself doing alot of browse-reading of this series, something i don't really like to do in Fantasy novels.

The magic system is very epic and unique and i appreciate his depth of thought here.. its very cool and people will trip on it...

All together a good read and fun, but sometimes tedious

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping and highly intelligent fantasy, Feb. 9 2014
This review is from: Mistborn Trilogy Boxed Set (Mass Market Paperback)
This trilogy was hard to put down. The background details of the characters...the writing style was extremely visual. While reading these books I truly felt as though I were watching and epic movie. The story line was complex...but not inaccessible. I am not a prolific fantasy reader but The Mistborn series truly captivated me. I was sad when the series came to an end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Imaginative & Enjoyable, Jan. 25 2014
This review is from: Mistborn Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
I got out of reading in the sci-fi/fantasy genres for a few years, but I found the free "teaser" for this and immediately got hooked. I read the entire trilogy and was never bored. Sanderson developed an interesting cast of characters and a unique storyline that I enjoyed thoroughly.

4.0 out of 5 stars If you like a different kind of FANTASY setting..., March 1 2011
This review is from: Mistborn Trilogy Boxed Set (Mass Market Paperback)
Finally a different kind of Fantasy -- far from Tolkien -- a well rounded world, and a different take on 'magic'... I recommend this /a good read/ I have begun the second book of the series and I am still not disappointed.
=)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Mistborn Trilogy Boxed Set
Mistborn Trilogy Boxed Set by Brandon Sanderson (Mass Market Paperback - Nov. 3 2009)
CDN$ 30.97 CDN$ 19.42