march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on February 23, 2016
Good series of books, but the resolution involves some hand-wavery to overcome obstacles. Somewhat like the author wrote himself into a corner and couldn`t figure out what to do. The conclusion to the first novel was much more satisfying than the conclusion to the series, so it is worth at least owning Mistborn out of the three. Got to hand it to Sanderson for a unique magic system, and for following the rules he set out for its use, although perhaps the characters were so overpowered by the end that only a malicious deity was strong enough to challenge them.
I always enjoy when characters are true to the way they have been portrayed, even as they grow and develop, and Sanderson has them making bad decisions for the right (or believable) reasons, so their progress is in line with who they have been portrayed to be. That being said, there is perhaps too much apotheosis for a satisfying ending.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon March 1, 2011
Finally a different kind of Fantasy -- far from Tolkien -- a well rounded world, and a different take on 'magic'... I recommend this /a good read/ I have begun the second book of the series and I am still not disappointed.
=)
on May 17, 2014
This trilogy was recommended to my by a friend, and I'm extremely happy I took his advice. After reading Mistborn I went on to read Elantris, Sandersons first novel, and then Warbreaker. I highly recommend him as an author, and this series is a great start.
on July 31, 2014
Decided to try reading Brandon Sanderson after reading the wheel of time series. Had pretty high expectations for his 'solo' work and was not disappointed. Thoroughly enjoyed the mistborn trilogy and am looking forward to reading more of his work.
on July 7, 2014
I really enjoy the trilogy. Brandon Sanderson has a nice style but will need to slack a little his description of battles, which are always too long for my taste.
on May 3, 2016
Great experience , I'm into long & detailed when it can hold your attention , this is that.
on February 10, 2011
It is alwasy nice when series have an end and that is what I like about trilogies. This set is good at keeping your interest and sparking your imagination. Typical fictional fantasy book