summer boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on June 7, 2016
Excellent box set
on May 4, 2016
Top 2 favorite Authors :) Great series!
on May 3, 2016
It seems this series is a well known classic in Fantasy, but I never heard of it prior from ordering it. It's been a while since I have been this caught in a story. I usually don't have much time to read, but each 600 page book was read in less than a week.

I loved it. The universe, characters and story are equally captivating.
on May 3, 2016
Great experience , I'm into long & detailed when it can hold your attention , this is that.
on February 23, 2016
Good series of books, but the resolution involves some hand-wavery to overcome obstacles. Somewhat like the author wrote himself into a corner and couldn`t figure out what to do. The conclusion to the first novel was much more satisfying than the conclusion to the series, so it is worth at least owning Mistborn out of the three. Got to hand it to Sanderson for a unique magic system, and for following the rules he set out for its use, although perhaps the characters were so overpowered by the end that only a malicious deity was strong enough to challenge them.
I always enjoy when characters are true to the way they have been portrayed, even as they grow and develop, and Sanderson has them making bad decisions for the right (or believable) reasons, so their progress is in line with who they have been portrayed to be. That being said, there is perhaps too much apotheosis for a satisfying ending.
on January 2, 2016
Fantastic series.
on November 21, 2015
Amazing book with great characters and relationships, good new magic system although some of the big reveals are, atleast slightly, predictable all in all a very solid fantasy book that I would recommend to anyone
on November 4, 2015
A well descripted, involved world mixed with deep and thoughtful characters riddled with sympathetic traits as much as faults. Set in a world not like our own, but just as realistic...that is to say being bound by rules that dictate it's behavior constantly.

This book became the first (in many following) series that I've had the pleasure of reading and had started me down the path of, not only reading regularly, but to loving the epicfantasy genre and never knowing what to do without something in my hands to read.

For this series in particular, I have read it 6 times and for every new release from the author within the world/ series, I do another full read-through before I even pick up the newest edition. With this series being my particular favorite, I find I always default back to reading it again whenever I don't have anything else to read.

I highly recommend the series as a good starter and all around excellent book. With efficient and descriptive sentences as well as a more simpler means of description, this series is a very good start to getting into the literary world and, more prominently, imaginative and epic fantasy
on October 29, 2015
The ending was suprisingly good.
on October 4, 2015
Truly awful.

The first book held my attention, with its original magic system and intriguing political system. However, I quickly tired of the endless descriptions of mages brawling in the streets, boinging around like yo-yo's over bits of metal and tossed coins. It became cartoonish before the end of the first book, and intolerable by the middle of the second volume, where I abandoned the series. Also, the characters are all astoundingly childish and self-absorbed (reminding me of Robert Jordan's characters in WOT), given the stakes we're supposed to buy into.