5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting book
well written, easy to understand, entertaining and real life information you can apply; even the little things...makes couple life easier
Published 12 months ago by Monique Laframboise

1.0 out of 5 stars By idiots, for idiots
Another terrible popular book about how everybody's prejudices about sex differences are confirmed by science, or more often, pseudo-science. Go ahead and read it, and then explain to your girlfriend that your genes made you sleep with all those other girls, or whatever.
Published on Feb. 25 2004 by p

4.0 out of 5 stars The (not so obvious) male:female differences, April 16 2014
This review is from: Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps: How We're Different and What to Do About It (Paperback)
A book that should be mandatory reading for all couples!!! Many laughs and also many truths, which explains the Venus:Mars connection in men and women. A kindergarten primer for marriage.... Betty V.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting book, July 20 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, Jan. 18 2013
This should be read by everyone involved in a relationship, it makes me to understand reason of many of our arguments with my gf. Very interesting information

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Fabulous!, Sept. 29 2005
Rhonda Clark (SK, Canada) - See all my reviews
This book is an excellent read for men and women alike! It uses a light-hearted approach to convey the fact that there ARE differences between men and women. In among it's many jokes are useful ideas and approaches you can use to get along better with people (men or women). I enjoyed it and my Dad enjoyed it and we're not usually reading the same genres. Together (but separately, if you catch my drift), we've been married for over 50 years and this book was a positive influence for both of us.

1.0 out of 5 stars By idiots, for idiots, Feb. 25 2004
p (Paris, Texas) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars A light read., Feb. 21 2010
H. Gelinas "Wrexy" (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
Very funny book that covers some of the reasons why men and women often clash in opinion and expectations. It opens your eyes and lessens expectations as we are two very different species!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Interesting Difference between Men and Women!, Sept. 17 2008
I was particularly interested in the difference on how to read maps between men and women. I hadn't recognized that before, though. Certainly, it is strange to turning the map around so often. It seems quite logical to most women to turn the map according to the direction where they are going, while men think it's ridiculous. In this case, men have better spacial skills than women, I guess. On the other hand, Allan and Barbara Pease also seemed to say that men get more distracted than women. What does it mean? According to this book, men generally hate being talked to while driving. I just wondered why men have this sort of downside in spite of their great spacial skills. At first, I thought this applied to new and/or poor drivers because they tend to be too nervous to talk while driving. However, I gradually found out that it is a matter of how to arrive faster at where they are headed for. Overall, it may be hard to judge either spacial skills outweigh concentration or vice versa.
So I wish both men and women could use well-balanced spacial skills and concentration. Therefore, they wouldn't have to waste their energies on arguments in cars.

5.0 out of 5 stars why do people give average review for great books?, Jan. 25 2004
T SANTOSO "Creating WOW and AHA!" (Surabaya, Indonesia) - See all my reviews
I always am interested in How Review works. I think there is some sort of "self selection process choice" in how people review books. I often find the most best sellers books are not very well reviewed.
This is a good book, explaining the difference between how men and women see things and how genetically they are different. Allan and Barbara make a good living out of the book, it is traslated to 31 languages and sold for more than 3 million copies.
Easy to read, and fun with a lot of witty quotes. Yes, there are several repetitions throughout but any other books always bear repetitions!
It reminds me of the what Oscar to films do: Great Review, but not box office, and other Advertising Awards (great ads, no selling), I love 007 series since i was a kid, and i never understand why they never get Oscars. ;-).
So, if you want great review books, look for the great review books (you might not like it!), but if you want to enjoy reading insighful difference between men and women, get this book and enjoy it during a nice sunny weekends.

1.0 out of 5 stars I can't read maps? Wow, that's news to me., Sept. 10 2003
By A Customer
I've been the navigator (a very good one) on family trips since I was ten, and I'm majoring in geology, which requires a LOT of map-reading and mental manipulation of three-dimensional objects, as well as drawing maps and blueprints of local areas/buildings from the age of 8 onwards. Golly gosh, if someone had just bothered to -tell- me that I'm incapable of doing these things, I guess so many male classmates wouldn't have come to me for help in figuring out topo maps. Just another addition to the hysterical resurgence of attempts to keep the status quo, keep women out of the sciences and allow women who aren't good at math and science to be validated in their lack of ability by designating it as simply natural and inevitable-- something they need not feel guilt over; it's all right, honey, you don't have to change because you can't. Through establishing an artificial norm of some 'natural' female sphere of ability and subtly condemning deviations from same as unnatural (who wants to be an unfeminine freak of nature?), biology rather than the Bible has become the arbiter of what women are and aren't allowed to be capable of. At the core of it all, an awful lot of the attitudes Mary Wollstonecraft railed brilliantly against in "Vindication of the Rights of Women" haven't changed at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Loved It!, Feb. 21 2003
By A Customer
You know, this book may not be for the high-brow reader, but just for us regular folks trying to understand the opposite sex. I found it humorous, insightful, and an easy read. While the explanation of how gays/lesbians get to be that way may be sophomoric, it does give some food for thought. Anyway, I thought it was terrific.

CDN$ 18.99 CDN$ 13.71