Published 13 months ago by Chris White

My cousin, who is a teacher, said this book was great. In the first few chapters, it seemed like that woudl be the case. His hypothesis was intriguing, at least. But is devolved very quickly into an overview of Sacks' weird or outdated opinions (with no scientific basis) on a variety of topics. Brutal. I wish I could get my money back.
Published on July 31 2012 by Patrick

5.0 out of 5 stars As a teacher, I would recommend all parents and teachers should read this book., Oct. 12 2013
This review is from: Why Gender Matters: What Parents and Teachers Need to Know about the Emerging Science of Sex Differences (Paperback)
This book, as well as Leonard Sax's "Boys Adrift" and "Girls on the Edge", have completely changed my approach to teaching, begginning 6 years ago when I first read Boys Adrift. As a result, the boys in my class have soared and the girls with them. It has also changed my views on parenting, as the father of a 3 year old. I wouldn't recommended if it wasn't worth the time to read. I have read it 4 times thus far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly Interesting, Nov. 12 2008
April Migneault "April" (Canada) - See all my reviews
This book was recommended to me by a friend, it is extremely interesting. Dr. Leonard Sax explains the differences between boys and girls, how they learn differently, communicate differently and how we need to communicate with them so they can learn more effectively. It's easy to read and understand. I have 2 boys and a 1 girl, glad to have this book to refer to. I have also heard him speak at a school in town, he's very good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Never too late to learn, Dec 7 2012
A friend at our parish recommended this book as a guide to help me understand my new grandson. I wish that I had had it when we were raising our two daughters 30-some years ago! In fact, it would have saved a lot of missed signals if I had been able to read it before I got married.

1.0 out of 5 stars I wish I had read THESE reviews before buying this waste of paper, July 31 2012

CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 14.43