march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

on October 12, 2013
This book, as well as Leonard Sax's "Boys Adrift" and "Girls on the Edge", have completely changed my approach to teaching, begginning 6 years ago when I first read Boys Adrift. As a result, the boys in my class have soared and the girls with them. It has also changed my views on parenting, as the father of a 3 year old. I wouldn't recommended if it wasn't worth the time to read. I have read it 4 times thus far.
on November 12, 2008
This book was recommended to me by a friend, it is extremely interesting. Dr. Leonard Sax explains the differences between boys and girls, how they learn differently, communicate differently and how we need to communicate with them so they can learn more effectively. It's easy to read and understand. I have 2 boys and a 1 girl, glad to have this book to refer to. I have also heard him speak at a school in town, he's very good!
on December 7, 2012
A friend at our parish recommended this book as a guide to help me understand my new grandson. I wish that I had had it when we were raising our two daughters 30-some years ago! In fact, it would have saved a lot of missed signals if I had been able to read it before I got married.
on April 2, 2016
One of the best parenting books I've ever read. By far the most important contribution of this book in my opinion is Sax explaining how the diagnosis of ADHD became so rampant in our society, and what parents and teachers can do differently.
on July 31, 2012
My cousin, who is a teacher, said this book was great. In the first few chapters, it seemed like that woudl be the case. His hypothesis was intriguing, at least. But is devolved very quickly into an overview of Sacks' weird or outdated opinions (with no scientific basis) on a variety of topics. Brutal. I wish I could get my money back.
on May 12, 2015