4.0 out of 5 stars Easy read for non-managers new to their career but not great for those with experience, Jan. 15 2012
This review is from: The Girl's Guide to Being a Boss (Without Being a Bitch) (Paperback)
This book is well written and easy to read with lots of real-world examples. It would be great for someone new to their career with her eye on a management position needing some tips on how to get started. For those readers, I'd give the book 4 stars.

However, much of the content will be obvious to someone who has worked in the industry for a while and has had any success with leadership. For those readers, I'd recommend The New Leader's 100-Day Action Plan instead, which is more advanced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for those first time Managers, Oct. 28 2009
S. Winsor (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
I was an outsider in a certain company, meaning I did not climb the ladder like other girls in my company did. I wanted respect from everyone, but didn't want to be a jerk either. This was also my first manager job as all previous jobs I'd had were assitant managers.

A year later after reading this book, I can honestly say I am the first boss at my store that has lasted this long AND had the lowest turnover from staff and I think it all stems from reading this book. It IS tough at time to be the boss, especially if I like all my staff, but this book has helped during several incidents at my workplace.

I highly recommend.

The Girl's Guide to Being a Boss (Without Being a Bitch)
The Girl's Guide to Being a Boss (Without Being a Bitch) by Kimberly Yorio (Paperback - May 1 2007)
CDN$ 17.99 CDN$ 12.99