5.0 out of 5 stars A Parisian Adventure
Great read for Paris lovers. Written with a lot of humour and I am told by a Paris addict that it portrays life in Paris as it really is. Lots of great recipes as well that I can't wait to try. David Lebovitz is a witty and intelligent writer and has scored another hit.
Published on Aug. 3 2009 by Book Worm

3.0 out of 5 stars Light
This is a fun, light read. Anyone who has spent any time in France will laugh in recognition at some of the behaviours described. However, that he continues to consume of foie gras, despite the blatant cruelty involved in its production, disappoints me. I won't be purchasing anything else he has written.
Published 1 month ago by Maryanna

5.0 out of 5 stars A Parisian Adventure, Aug. 3 2009
Book Worm (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Transported to Paris, June 1 2011
This review is from: The Sweet Life in Paris: Delicious Adventures in the World's Most Glorious - and Perplexing - City (Paperback)
I bought this book on whim, and how lucky was I? A thoroughly engaging read which was laugh-out-loud funny. Each chapter felt more like a letter written to me by my friend who was adjusting to the Parisian façon d'être. Whether your transplanting yourself to Paris, are in the planning stages of a trip to the City of Lights, or just want a really fantastic read, "The Sweet Life in Paris" fits every proverbial bill. The recipes (!) are a fantastic bonus and have also served my own baking ambitions. Chapeau, M. Lebovitz !

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and enjoyable read, April 7 2011
I first purchased this book because I have truly enjoyed the two cookbooks I own by author David Lebovitz. The cookbooks were filled with wonderful recipes and entertaining commentary about the creation of the recipes. When I saw Sweet life in Paris, I couldn't resist purchasing it. It has been a light and fun read, filled with entertaining stories of the author's integration into Parisian life. It is also filled with recipes, both sweet and savoury (not all dessert related) . Expect to be educated about the quirkier side of French etiquette and life. Do not expect this book to be a 'how to guide' to all things Parisian food related. The author himself expresses that he does not like to point to one place as 'the best' as many places have many special qualities that make them great. He does talk about some of the places he has had memorable experiences at. If you want a food guide or a travel guide this will not be that. This book is a slice of the author's life. I have not yet tried the recipes in this book, his other books were great so I anticipate some good results.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really nice!, June 5 2012
Funny stories (and so true) about parisians. The recipes are nice, easy and accessible for everyday cooks, not complicated. The author even searched for replacements ingredients when some special french ones are not available in North America.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very important book on Paris, May 10 2014
Very interesting for the ones interested in Paris, not just a kitchen book but one on the life in Paris, if you want to go to Paris you need to reed this book, I have loved it, I know Paris pretty well

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST FOR SWEET-TOOTHED PARIS LOVERS, Dec 9 2011
I noticed this book on the shelf of my local library a few weeks after returning from a 2-month stay in Paris - and after reading the first 2 pages I knew this was a book for me. It is funny and rather accurately describes the nuances and beauty of living in Paris. I am only sorry I didn't read the book before this last visit - I would have loved to have visited the stores and pastry shops and restaurants the author recommends. The recipes are first class - very detailed explanations, easy to follow. This book will accompany me on my next trip to Paris!

5.0 out of 5 stars For all foodies and lovers of Paris, Aug. 20 2009
This book has very quickly become one of my favorites! If you love Paris and food this is the perfect book for you. David Lebovitz is hilarious and has a writing style that will make you laugh out loud. His accounts of the Parisian lifestyle will tickle the funny bone of anyone who has visited. The recipes are sprinkled throughout the book and are wonderful and very easy to make.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed the flashback., Jan. 10 2012
Lorna Zelinsky "psychosmom" (Winnipeg, Canada) - See all my reviews
Having been to Paris a few years ago and also an adventurous cook/baker I really enjoyed this book and look forward to making more of the recipes it contains. The hilarious descriptions of the various people were what we also experienced in our short time there so it was easy to visualize the rest. Tried the chocolate cake first but overcooked it a bit. Will try it again!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Sweet Life in Paris: Delicious Adventures in the World's Most Glorious - and Perplexing - City, Nov. 22 2009
The title says it all. The author regales us with his (sometimes hilarious) stories of the idiosyncrasies of an American living in Paris. The descriptions of the city are rich - they make you want to go and check out the venues described for yourself. The fabulous recipes at the end of each section are a wonderful bonus. You have to read this book!

3.0 out of 5 stars Light, July 4 2015