5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful!, Oct. 14 2013
This review is from: Divinity Code to Understanding Your Dreams & Visions, The (Paperback)
This book was very helpful!! It was what I had hoped to find but didn't expect to find - a source on Christian Dream interpretation with a fabulous and extremely helpful dream metaphor dictionary. I was thrilled to read the section about sample dreams and their corresponding interpretations. I learned SO much! A huge thank-you to the authors!!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully insightful, Feb. 6 2012
Erin Schacke (Prince George, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
`The Divinity Code' is written from a Christian/biblically based perspective. The topic of this book intrigued me as I have always been interested in dreams and visions and their interpretations. I have done a little dream journaling over the past number of years with dreams I have thought to be significant. However, the book challenged me to take my dreams (all of them) much more seriously. There are a number of excellent real-life experiences given to help the reader gain a better understanding of what the authors are trying to convey.
This book is full of wisdom concerning the `dream realm'; it gives very practical advice on how to gage and interpret your dreams correctly through the ultimate truth of God's word (scriptural references) and most importantly through guidance of His spirit. I found that not only did this book teach me regarding dreams, but also challenged me in how I walk with God (i.e. what is the true state of my heart?). I felt that I gained an even greater glimpse into the heart of God for people, and how through all things (the good, the bad and the ugly) God is working for our good, constantly reaching out to us in different ways. Don't be fooled by dreams you think are weird or insignificant, there is meaning and a message in all of them.
'The Divinity Code' is very uplifting, inspiring and encouraging; and can help build faith in the reader. Practical aspects of the book that I found really helpful include:

* Guidelines for interpretations that rely on God's wisdom
* Which aspects of dreams need to be considered when interpreting
* Questions to ask to help clarify the validity of an interpretation
* 101 sample dreams and interpretations
* Metaphor dictionary for guidance purposes
* Name and place dictionary

What a great book, I am so grateful that I was able to read 'The Divinity Code'. This book is a treasure I will cherish and a reference I will most certainly use throughout my life. Well worth the read (more than once).

Disclosure of Material Connection: Please note that I received an electronic copy of `The Divinity Code' free of charge from the publisher through the Destiny Image Book Review Program. ([...]). The above review is strictly based on my own opinions of the book and not as an endorsement for receiving a free copy of the book. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 ([...]) : "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

4.0 out of 5 stars A Rare Find., Jan. 28 2012
We find symbolism throughout the bible, and throughout our cultures, yet finding good, easy to understand material on the subject is rare. Here is one of those wonderful rare finds. An easy to understand book, helping us to decipher what is happening in our dreams and visions.
This book will take you through, in an easy to understand manner, the how to's of dreams and visions in your own life, as well as in the bible. Not only is this a practical teaching guide, it is also a valuable resource tool, carrying an extensive dream dictionary to assist you with your journey of coming to understand the things that the Holy Spirit is speaking into your life.
I found this book interesting from the first page. It is really good to see all this information put together in one book. "The Divinity Code" is definitely a must if you are trying to understand your own dreams and visions.
"All of these dreams are God speaking to these people about their need for salvation. Dreams and their interpretations are an untapped reservoir of opportunities. If we lift our eyes and learn to interpret, then there is truly a white harvest field of souls before us."p59
Adam F. Thompson and Adrian Beale make a great team providing a balanced, wisdom filled manual of information, examples and an impressive Biblical Dictionary that is well worth reading and owning a copy for research.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Aug. 5 2014
Awesome book. Ordered lots as gifts too. Great investment. Lots of insight.

Divinity Code to Understanding Your Dreams & Visions, The
Divinity Code to Understanding Your Dreams & Visions, The by Adan/Beale, Adrian Thompson (Paperback - Dec 15 2011)
CDN$ 28.99 CDN$ 18.17