4.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written
Before anyone is discouraged by the negative reviews here, I hope they will read this one.
Published on April 16 2002

1.0 out of 5 stars Still struggling to get through it ...
Published on Sept. 23 2003 by Janice

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written, April 16 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: The Fiery Cross (Hardcover)
I don't understand when someone says nothing happens in this book. Granted, the action is subtle in the form of politics and intrigue, however it is still there. We finally get to see the everyday life of these wonderful people as they try to find a place to call their own. They have spent so much of their lives running from one thing to another, not really having a home that this is refreshing. People adore these books because of Diana's amazing ability of bringing characters to life, yet bash this book for the same reasons. When you nurse and have small children, bodily functions are something you have to deal with. One of the most humourous sections is Roger and Bree dealing with potty training Jemmy.
There is plenty of action, political intrigue and drama. We travel with Jamie and the militia, find some new characters, deal with almost losing not just one but two of the major characters and see the return of another. Some loose ends are tied up (wondering about the Tory gold and just who was Otter Tooth?), some are still hanging and new ones pop up (who was that with Laoghaire in the arbor and what about Claire's nighttime visitor?). The action is there if you care to read it.
It's true this book was split in two, Ms. Gabaldon didn't get as far as she would have liked with it, but it is a wonderful book all the same. I finished it in 2 days and had to reread it almost immediately. It is a slower starting novel than previously, something like Dragonfly in Amber, but still filled with the characters I have grown to love. Read it, you won't be disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Still struggling to get through it ..., Sept. 23 2003
Janice (Cambridge, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fiery Cross (Paperback)
Never did I think I would have a negative thing to say about the Outlander series. They have been positively magical ... until the Fiery Cross. It is ponderous, bogged down in too much detail, and impresses me more that the author is pre-occupied with breastfeeding, dirty diapers, and fussing toddlers rather than adventure. I have recommended this series to countless people, but will tell them to stop before the Fiery Cross. Great for insomnia ... puts me to sleep every time I pick it up. I doubt if I'll even bother with the next book. What a disappointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Saga Continues, June 8 2014
This review is from: The Fiery Cross (Mass Market Paperback)
Love this book. As with all of Ms. Gabaldon's books, it is researched, and well written. I would recommend this series to anyone who loves historical novels, romance novels or even science fiction.

5.0 out of 5 stars And the story continues, June 6 2014
Fantastic tale. Extremely well written. The story is tremendously enhanced with the inclusion of all the detail. Amazing story telling.

5.0 out of 5 stars On edge, Nov. 20 2013
This review is from: The Fiery Cross (Mass Market Paperback)
Diana Gabaldon keeps you on edge throughout all her novels. Am very looking forward to her next book due to come out next spring. Would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading about historical events.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great author!, Oct. 15 2013
This review is from: The Fiery Cross (Mass Market Paperback)
My wife LOVES the Outlander series!

She look forward to more titles in this series. I visited the author's web site and she has more to be published soon. I will order them from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another awesome, encompassing Outlander edition, July 6 2013
I have nothing to say, I've read these books countless times. I'm more in love with them than ever. These books grip your heart and don't let go.

4.0 out of 5 stars Drawn in, June 21 2013
B. Arthurs-jones (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fiery Cross (Mass Market Paperback)
Good book series. Found to be very heavy reading but a great story that leads you through a wonderful adventure. Full of description and facts.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Fiery Cross, March 29 2013
I love the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. The Fiery Cross did not disappoint. Diana's style of writing brings the story and characters to life. The setting you can visualize and smell & taste as her descriptive writing is amazing !

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, March 8 2013
Erin Bruce (Saskatoon, SK) - See all my reviews
I love this series, the characters are always interesting and the history lesson is always welcome. I've read some of the books in this series several times and they never get old.

The Fiery Cross
The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon (Mass Market Paperback - March 23 2004)
CDN$ 12.99 CDN$ 11.69