4.0 out of 5 stars A must read for anyone with entrepreneurial aspirations, Jan. 12 2013
This review is from: Makers (Paperback)
The book sheds some light on the trending Do-It-Yourself phenomenon - or as the author calls it the new industrial revolution. I like how the author connects the dots between the open-source movement in the software domain and its equivalence in the manufacturing domain. What I love most about the book are the personal experiences the author uses to convince his audience. I recommend this book to any person who would like to know how to get an idea from concept to market using new innovative design and production technologies. What I really miss in the book is a more in-depth discussion about the economics of the makers movement - that is, when does it make sense to pursue an idea? And how do you deal with huge competitors who might take your idea, producer a better version of it, brand it using their popular labels, and sell it for much cheaper?

I have to admit - I'm now ready to buy a 3D printer!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, June 18 2013
This review is from: Makers: The New Industrial Revolution (Hardcover)
Chris Anderson did a fabulous job in putting this information together and sharing it with all. Thank you for such powerful education. Couldn't leave the book out of my sight till finished reading it and since then I have been planting seeds in my mind for ideas. I am extremely exited and looking forward to being part the Maker Movement Family. Thanks Chris. Thumbs Up!
Emile Amar, Real Estate Broker

Makers: The New Industrial Revolution
Makers: The New Industrial Revolution by Chris Anderson (Hardcover - Oct. 2 2012)
CDN$ 29.99 CDN$ 18.80