Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage fallcleaning Pets Music Deals Store Fall Barbecue

Format: PaperbackChange

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(4 star).show all reviews
on February 19, 2011
I am an avid fan of Canadian writers and try to read these as often as possible, especially if I hear/see a review (CBC radio is the most often source). This was an unexpected but interesting read primarily about a father-daughter relationship. The father is spiraling into some kind of dementia and the daughter is trying to figure out her relationship with him, past, present and for the future. She is/was the "different" one among her siblings, often lost in her own world but so is her father. I prefer happy endings but, as is the case with a parent with dementia, this is not the norm. The story did help me re-frame some aspects of my relationship with my own father not that there was any great resolution of angst but it did provide some helpful insights. This father, like mine, served in World War II and came back a changed man. I will read it again and pass it on to friends who look for substance in their reads.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again