Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

Format: HardcoverChange

on January 30, 2012
It is with profound sadness that professional journalism has become so rare in Canada. This book is a model of journalism and can't be considered "controversial" to anyone willing to objectively evaluate facts, logic, reason and evidence. Because it is proper journalism it necessarily exposes the complete and total failure of Canadian journalism that created the myth of Omar Khadr in the public consciousness. If you've navigated to this book, you know the subject matter by now. A book like this can't say what it says without proof. Mr. Levant provides footnotes and source material for everything documented here. Canadians are generous and trusting. The good qualities of Canada and Canadians are now and will continue to be exploited by evil men like Khadr. The book documents just one example. Canada must be kind, but cannot be naive. I hope this book is a wake-up call for some. Especially in government. I somehow doubt that the deal Khadr struck to return to Canada can be undone by a book. But the effort alone is a remarkable attempt. It's a ripple of hope that good journalism is valuable and can make a difference.
on February 4, 2012
Thank you Ezra for documenting the outrageous lies, spin and propaganda surrounding these Canadian terrorists known as the Khadrs. How refreshing to finally get the other side of the story complete with documentation and verified facts. Unlike most reporters, lawyers, special interest groups and deluded leftists who rely on emotion and political spin. The truly sickening thing is he lives better than some Canadians and gets much better medical care than all but the most wealthy.

Thanks Ezra and keep up the good work
on April 27, 2013
I learned more about Omar Khadr and his terrorist family than I thought the book would supply. Very well written.
on August 21, 2015
Wish to cancel this order; I do NOT have a Kindle!
on July 5, 2015
Informative and backed up by fact.
Those being hyper critical of this book have previously made up their minds resulting in hyper criticism of Ezra Levant and not by acknowledging the facts presented. How sad.
on August 8, 2015
I was willing to give Ezra the benefit of doubt to get the other side of the issue and read his book but....... Ezra delivers the facts with his interpretation and just rants. Too much like FOX news for me.
on June 15, 2015
I'm writing this review since Omar Khadr was released from his Canadian prison in May 2015. I then decided to read this book, plus Michelle Shephard's "Guantanamo Child", as well as watch various TV documentaries including "Omar Khadr" Out of the Shadows", plus read several articles on the internet. e.g. from his Canadian tutors like Arlette Zinck from King's College in Alberta.

I actually didn't know these books had been written; I would have liked to have read them earlier, as I always felt there was a serious lack of solid information about him prior to this.

As much as I tried to stay open minded when reading Levant's book, I was aghast with every page I read. I've never heard so much hatred, fear mongering in my life. He endlessly conjectures and speculates things about Khadr that are the opposite of what people closer to him have to say, and what events since his release from Canadian prison have shown. e.g. he says that Khadr was more interested in being distracted with reading comic books, than doing serious academic studies.

Yet his 15 Canadian tutors rate him as a top student, capable of writing insightful book reviews, highly skilled in mathematics, etc. “If he were a university student of mine, he would be in the top 5 percent,” said David Goa, director of the University of Alberta’s Chester Ronning Centre for the Study of Religion and Public Life.

Levant insists Khadr was faking his shoulder wound at Gitmo, yet his English tutor Arlette Zinck from King's College supports his still suffering from internal shrapnel wounds when she met him face to face.

Levant blames everyone for Khadr getting out of Gitmo - he blames Obama, the Canadian media, his "groupies". Hmm, it seems to me that the Canadian public have only started to give Khadr some benefit of the doubt since he was released from Canadian prison and the Out of the Shadows documentary was aired. And yes, it was produced by CBC, Litehouse Productions (Ontario), and horror of all horrors - Al Jazeera English and Arabic. I've watched Al Jazeera English for 5 years now - 4 years in Egypt and 1 in Canada. It's run independently of Al Jazeera Arabic and I think it's top notch - and I'm a devoted agnostic Buddhist!

This book reminds me of Nancy Grace on TV. I felt like there was someone screaming at me on every page I read.

I'm not going to waste any more of my time here pointing out the never ending misinformation that Levant stated in his book. I suggest you read both these books, watch the documentaries on Khadr, and read what his tutors have to say. Then decide for yourself. And ask yourself, what would you have done if your parents had put you in this situation at an early age?
on March 21, 2012
I have had the opportunity to read excerpts from this book. I have also spent precious time watching Ezra "rant" on Sun Media television. I first came across the name Ezra Levant while investigating the term "Public Lending Right". I will not take the time to explain what that is because it would be good for anyone reading this review to find out for themselves. But Ezra's name came up during that little research project. He held himself in high regard that he did not agree with that aspect of library usage. And yes, this is more a review on Ezra, rather than his writing skills.