biss boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

on February 13, 2016
A very good read by an eloquent author. Is Ezra biased? Sure he is - so what? We all are in one direction or another. But I'll take his opinions over any reviewers here or elsewhere that trash his work and within the context of their weak diatribes refer to the Alberta oil sands as the "tar sands". Listen up haters ... tar is man made! When you can't get even that little fact straight you've lost all credibility.
on February 5, 2016
This book automatically comes with some bias as it is written by everyone's favorite Canadian, conservative, talking head Ezra Levant. Throughout the book he does make good points that are often neglected by the environmentalist who often don't understand what they would be sacrificing for a world without hydrocarbons. The book is well written from a perspective than many would be fearful in taking.

The issue I take with the book is that he has an underlying theme that because Canada is a stable place to produce oil that we shouldn't strive to deal with global warming or environmental concerns because we are already better than the 3rd world nations who produce oil. As a first world country we should be constantly trying to get better and improve, not simply saying that we're better than most countries so that's good enough.
on October 26, 2015
Makes some good points but feels self-righteous in pointing out the self-righteous hypocrtiicalities of other actors concerned about the oilsands.

I would have preferred the author address more than twisted statistics presented by organisations like Greenpeace and consider what Canadians and industry are doing/could do more regarding aboriginal rights, reclamation, etc.

I'm only 6 chapters in but will update if the time changes and the author does more than set up straw men.
on September 14, 2015
Everyone should read this book. Eye opener.
on September 5, 2015
every opponent of the oil sands should read this book very educational
on July 3, 2015
Interesting and factual
Insufficient mention of the probable consequences of the development global ewarming. Ecological poisoning by oil spills etc
on June 6, 2015
I just read this book and it is very good. It becomes abundantly clear that Canada's Tar Sands is less worse than several others with respect to environmental impact but also from the perspective that most of the alternative producers are countries with vastly greater human rights violations etc.

It also exposes some disturbing facts about some of the environmental groups, i.e., those that seem to have gone rogue from my perspective!
What really caught my attention was the section on Greenpeace.....

But keep in mind that the issue of climate change remains...... With the right balance between economy and environment, there may still be a chance that Canada could come out on top so as to lead from the environmental perspective without a collapsing economy. This book steers clear of the imminent time line in meeting environmental requirements.
on May 17, 2015
Very good read for people wanting to understand the b.s. propaganda for Alberta oilfields. When I first started reading it, I had to do a few fact checks, because the information almost sounds falsified. As I read further into the book. And the more fact checking I had looked into. I'm a reformed anti Alberta oilfields reader. I wish we pumped more oil from tar sands.
on April 22, 2015
I thought I know everything there was the know about the Oil Sands, but after reading this book I realized that there are always 2 sides to every story. I thought I was against the Oil Sands because of all the propaganda about it... But this book makes alot of good senses. I like how the author takes you through all the countries that produce oil and how they operate, not just in the industrial, but also environmental and human rights. The author gives you lots of scientific evidence that support the Oil Sands - like how the Oil Sands companies have cut their CO2 emissions by 38% in the last 5 years. The author goes through all the the hype and scandals. How the environmental groups aren't all they make themselves out to be. I was extremely impressed with all the information that was layed out in easy lame-man's terms so I could understand. I'm trying to get everyone I know to read this book so they can see the other side of the "field" and see that even if we were to shut down the Oil Sands we would still be dependent on Oil and that Oil would be coming from another place that has worse environmental, human rights and industrial actions/motives. Do we want our oil that has caused deaths/murder, or the destruction of the environment. Or from a country like Canada free, liberal and tolerant.
on March 7, 2015
When the premise of your book is "ignore what we are doing because others are worse" is childish and immature, not to mention incorrect. This book is a lame attempt at deflection when real scientific criticisms are brought forward by using anecdotle evidence and conjecture. Not shocking because that is his MO and how he conducted himself on the now defunct Sun "news" organization