march boutiques-francophones snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Registry

on May 25, 2016
A wealth of information, scary in it's truth. And it guarantees that we will never again donate to an environmental cause again (Greenpeace)
Ezra has once again nailed it-Robert G and Sandra D Barber
on April 22, 2016
A good read by Ezra Levant.
on April 18, 2016
Finally the other side of this debate. You would think that the environmentalists, or eco-fascists, are saying the gospel. Thanks Ezra!
on April 6, 2016
This book gives a Donald Trump argument. I couldn't use it at all for my NGO project on the tar sands.
on March 25, 2016
Well researched and argued. While Ezra is one of those people that folks seem to either love or hate, I would highly recommend setting aside personal views and read the book. Consider the merits of the arguments themselves, not the presenter, and you will come away with a more informed and objective view of Canada's oil sands. You will also never look at foreign oil through rose coloured glasses again.
on March 9, 2016
It does not make the compelling case I expected. A title like "Ethical Oil" makes it seem as though there would be a defense of the ethics regarding our natural resources. However, instead of defending the ethics we use, this book seems more focused on simply comparing Canadian Oil Sands to the ethics of other countries, oil extraction/production methods and tarring all with one brush. I found that many of the arguments made in this book were easily refutable. The idea in this book is basically that we are good by comparison. Which is not the same as saying that we are ethical in our own endeavors.
on February 13, 2016
A very good read by an eloquent author. Is Ezra biased? Sure he is - so what? We all are in one direction or another. But I'll take his opinions over any reviewers here or elsewhere that trash his work and within the context of their weak diatribes refer to the Alberta oil sands as the "tar sands". Listen up haters ... tar is man made! When you can't get even that little fact straight you've lost all credibility.
on February 5, 2016
This book automatically comes with some bias as it is written by everyone's favorite Canadian, conservative, talking head Ezra Levant. Throughout the book he does make good points that are often neglected by the environmentalist who often don't understand what they would be sacrificing for a world without hydrocarbons. The book is well written from a perspective than many would be fearful in taking.

The issue I take with the book is that he has an underlying theme that because Canada is a stable place to produce oil that we shouldn't strive to deal with global warming or environmental concerns because we are already better than the 3rd world nations who produce oil. As a first world country we should be constantly trying to get better and improve, not simply saying that we're better than most countries so that's good enough.
on October 26, 2015
Makes some good points but feels self-righteous in pointing out the self-righteous hypocrtiicalities of other actors concerned about the oilsands.

I would have preferred the author address more than twisted statistics presented by organisations like Greenpeace and consider what Canadians and industry are doing/could do more regarding aboriginal rights, reclamation, etc.

I'm only 6 chapters in but will update if the time changes and the author does more than set up straw men.
on September 14, 2015
Everyone should read this book. Eye opener.