4.0 out of 5 stars initiation into the mysteries of life
Published on May 20 2003 by book yeti

1.0 out of 5 stars The most boring book i have ever read in my life
THis book had no point at all to it and was very boring. it sucked.
Published on April 23 1998

4.0 out of 5 stars initiation into the mysteries of life, May 20 2003
This review is from: Who Has Seen the Wind (Paperback)
If it be a no-brainer adventure or a plot full of relentless debauchery you're looking for, I suggest you avoid this book entirely. However, if you seek a deeply touching novel of intelligence and substance, indeed I urge you to read "Who Has Seen The Wind". It portrays the story of a prairie boy's initiation into the mysteries of life, as he discovers death, God, and the spirit that moves through everything: the wind. The plot details the little things in life that most of the masses overlook, and accurately relates the expressions and deep feelings of a young person growing up during the Great Depression. At the time I read it in school I could relate very easily to the primary character, Brian O'Connal. The novel's greatest strengths lie in its sensitive evocations of Brian's feelings, sometimes associated with his various experiences of death, sometimes with a child's fundamental, inarticulate but insistent curiosity to discover the world within and beyond himself. I was lost in the character's maturation and progression as a person. It is truly a book I will never forget. "Who Has Seen The Wind" definitely has contributed to the way I looked at life in general, as a young person at the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its not Boring!!, Dec 17 1997
This review is from: Who Has Seen the Wind (Hardcover)
The person who rated this book as boring must not have read the same book I did. This is an elegaic portrait of life on the Canadian Prairies in the early 20th century. It captures something significant about the Prairie psyche and the Canadian psyche as a whole. It is, in the final analysis, a sweet, beautifully written story by a master story teller. It is not full of car chases or other amusements for tiny minds, but is a treat for anyone who appreciates a great tale well told.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book, June 5 1998
By A Customer
I don't know, what these people are talking about, it just happens to be one of the great Canadian books of all time, and one of my personal favorites. I guess if you've never lives on the prairies, you don't have the insight....

4.0 out of 5 stars A must read!, April 17 2001
Jason McInnis (Prince Edward Island, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Who Has Seen the Wind (Hardcover)
This book was required for all students in my high school, and rightfully so. Not only did it make me laugh, it also led me to do a little introspection of my own, and to put lif in perpspective. WO Mitchell's writing will appeal to you, not only for the witty humour, but also for the hearfelt emotion his words can invoke in the reader.
So if you just want to read something good for a change, this is my pick!

5.0 out of 5 stars Who Has Seen the Wind?, Feb. 7 2014
A Canadian classic that was missing from my library. Beautifully written with depth of story.and marvelous characters. Delightful illustrations.throughout the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book on the second read, March 21 2000
I had to read this book for my english class, and I must admit, the first time around it was very boring, which is the only reason i gave it a 4/5. My english teacher, however, showed me some interesting concepts to look for, and to read a little deeper. I tried to look into every word and find its own hidden meaning, and when you do that, the book becomes very enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Aug. 9 2014
This review is from: Who Has Seen the Wind (Paperback)
Beautifully written--I did not want it to end!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Aug. 18 2014
This review is from: Who Has Seen the Wind (Paperback)
Excellent product and service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, Oct. 20 1999
By A Customer
An entertaining, thought-provoking, fun read. Thoroughly enjoyable

5.0 out of 5 stars The Prairie Soul, Feb. 2 2006
Robin Hill (North West River, Labrador) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Who Has Seen the Wind (Paperback)
Captures the spirit of the prairies and Saskatchewan. A classic. If you can feel the spirit, you can see the wind.

Who Has Seen the Wind
Who Has Seen the Wind by W.O. Mitchell (Paperback - Sept. 16 2000)
CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 14.59