5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful insight from a talented writer, Aug. 14 2002
This review is from: Family Matters (Hardcover)
Family matters is a wonderful book - from insight into India culture to the trials of growing older. The portrayal of a family and the manner in which they handle (or midhandle) family obligations, gives us an intimate connection to all that happens in this book. Mistry's prose draws us in and holds us in fascination as he takes us through the simpilicty and intricacies of the three generations of a family. A masterpiece on the human condition, a must read for anyone interested in deepening their understanding of the "human condition".

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the read, Dec 8 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Family Matters (Paperback)
This was a really great book with lots of insight into families and the complicated feelings that we have for our relatives. Mistry is a great writer because his characters are so well developed, you can feel them; and there is always something redeeming in each character and some empathy to be found for even the most vile characters in his stories.
The only reason I gave this only 4 stars is because I have read Mistry's other books and this one is not quite as good. For one of the greatest books I have ever read, check out A Fine Balance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking and right on for families with issues, Jan. 18 2006
This review is from: Family Matters (Paperback)
The colorful characters could be from any culture yet the author has added Bombay's unique flavor to the story. I loved this book and could not put it down.
I was sad when the book ended as I knew I must bid farewell to the characters I had become "close" to.
Thank you to Mistry for a wonderful novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, June 12 2006
This review is from: Family Matters (Paperback)
Rohinton Mistry has written yet another exquisite novel that portrays life and all its ups and downs in meticulous detail. It is a stunning work that should not be missed.

5.0 out of 5 stars His best work to date, Oct. 30 2002
This review is from: Family Matters (Hardcover)
A touching look at family relations and the effect of our choices on the ones closest to us. Straddling cultural boundries the author makes us realize that parents and children have the same motivations and heartbreaks the world over.

Family Matters
Family Matters by Rohinton Mistry (Paperback - Feb. 25 2003)
CDN$ 24.99 CDN$ 15.67