5.0 out of 5 stars Melancholy beauty
The atmosphere Ricci creates in WHERE SHE HAS GONE is enveloped in sorrow. As the story of Victor and Rita unfolds, the deep melancholy grows.
Published on Aug. 10 2001 by Angela Richardson

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Fiction
This is a good fictional story, well written but I like his earlier work 'Lives of the Saints' much better, from story development and plot prspectives.
Published on Nov. 21 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars Melancholy beauty, Aug. 10 2001
Angela Richardson (Windsor, Ontario) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Where she has gone (Hardcover)
Victor and Rita are half-siblings; Rita the product of their mother's affair in her small Italian town while her husband (Victor's father) was in Canada setting the foundation for a new life for his family Over the course of the first two books in the trilogy, their mother dies after giving birth to Rita on the ocean liner bringing them to Canada, and Victor and Rita are raised together for a few years on his father's farm, until Rita is adopted by a nearby couple.
The siblings grow up and grow apart, until the opening of WHERE SHE HAS GONE, where they meet again in Toronto-Victor as a grad student/writer and Rita just starting university. The relationship they develop as adults is complicated and sad, but compelling. Ricci's language is distilled to a very simple, effective style, that suits the mood he creates beautifully.
All three books in the trilogy are highly recommended, but it's not necessary to have read the first two to be moved by the last (though I'm sure after reading WHERE SHE HAS GONE you'll want to).

5.0 out of 5 stars insightful....................., June 3 2002
likwit_hype (TO reppin........) - See all my reviews
i had originally that that this book would have contained much of the same essence that "live of the saints" had, but i was blown away by the way nino ricci ended Victor's story in "WSHG".
the bizarre fascination with his sister, and longing for a relation with her was ill mannered/nasty , but yet i still continued to finish the novel. the only tick i had about this novel was the ending. it seemed to much of an easy way out, and nino ricci should have thought of sumthing drastic happening to Victor?Vittorio

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, April 6 2000
Francine (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Where she has gone (Hardcover)
I was not prepared for this book. I was totally side-swiped for days after its conclusion. Mr. Ricci is a fabulous writer, and I was quite unprepared for the emotions I am feeling still.
Mr. Ricci has definitely replaced Graham Greene as my favorite author of fiction, and I am now reading the first two books in this trilogy. Hopefully there will be many more!
Interestingly, I live in Toronto, not far from Victor's apartment. The location and building with the fire escape are just as described in the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good..., Sept. 20 1999
By A Customer
This is the first Ricci book I've read and I liked it so much that I decided to read 'Lives of the Saints' and 'In A Glass House' as well. It's the final book of Ricci's trilogy, I liked it heaps except the final part of it. I was deeply moved by the novel and I highly recommend it. Nino Ricci has made himself one of my favourite authors. I'm curious if he is going to write something else soon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Fiction, Nov. 21 2000
By A Customer

Where She Has Gone
Where She Has Gone by Nino Ricci (Paperback - Sept. 17 1999)
CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 14.43