march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

on January 26, 2003
When I read a novel and find it wanting (but not intolerable), I tend to skip-read much of the text just so I can get to the end and move on.
In reading Robinson's latest, I savoured each word. Enjoyed each nuance. Sunk into it's substance. Empathized with each character and then wished I hadn't read it yet so I could read it again, for the first time.
Thanks Peter!
on September 17, 2013
When I first read this book several years ago I was mildly disappointed with it. I thought the story was full of anger, guilt and self-absorption, with Alan Banks being the most self-absorbed and guilt-stricken. I did not then appreciate Robinson's articulate and insightful use of psychology, which drives Alan Banks as he begins to delve into a missing person's case from his past. Quite recently I re-read the book and this time I found the "The Summer That Never Was" to be far more compelling, complex, and ultimately satisfying.
on August 11, 2004
Since I read my first Robinson's book a couple of years ago, I'd been enthralled by the mystery of Graham's disappearance, finally I have the answer. I loved every word of every sentence of every page of this book. I'm a die hard fan of Robinson, up until now, 'A dry white season' was my favorite, it's now a tie between those two. I strongly recommend all of Robinson's novels to people who like good mysteries with characters so well discribed that you feel you know them. I can't wait for the next one.
on November 6, 2015
Far too much swearing in the novel for my liking. Too bad as I have read almost all of Peter Robinson's Inspector Banks series and truly enjoy them.