5.0 out of 5 stars A "MUST" Read!, Jan. 31 2008
Already, someone previous to my post here, has pretty much summed it up. But it never hurts to add a second opinion of which mine can only hope to inspire others to pick-up this incredible testimony.

There are times upon reading William's account where I shuddered; others I revelled in his skill at manipulating his captors; others I laughed out loud! despite the horrendous conditions he was held in.

One of the most compelling books I've read in recent memory. It has made me very aware if not, angry at some of the blatant discrepencies of our dealings with other nations, if foreign policy is our forte: not! In the case of Saudi Arabia, I can only now say I would prefer other southern climates for a vacation or overseas posting.

As a Canadian or British citizen, you'll be outraged by what you read. As a Canadian, my heart sank...and deeply it did for William. But I am very proud of him for having the balls to write his own personal account.

This book is a thriller that is NOT: fiction!

Friction? perhaps it may cause, but I hope it is within your conscience that you find this rugburn of thought.

6 stars, if this setting was permissable!! ****** (6)

A documentary is in the works, if not already released. The names: Khalid and Ibrahim, are etched firmly in my mind. Read William's account, you'll see why.

Glad to have you back William.

5.0 out of 5 stars Won't be visiting Saudi Arabia any time soon!, July 24 2008
Irish Rose (Maple, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
It's frightening how your life can be going along...and then your life changes in an instant. I don't know how he survived, but I do admire him for having the courage to tell the story.
One thing I learned-don't count on the Canadian government to help you out! You really are on your own!
Great book & very well written.

ARRAY(0xb209c438)