5.0 out of 5 stars Transformational, Jan. 28 2011
Dominic (Markham, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moolala: Why Smart People Do Dumb Things with Their Money - and What You Can Do About It (Paperback)
Bruce's approach is transformational. It goes way beyond typical 'how to' books on finance. Be prepared to get introspective and get connected to what money really means for you. When you arrive at your purpose for money you will drop the struggle and become far more effective in handling it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for introduction into saving, Feb. 10 2011
Alicia Valliere "Movie and TV Guru" (Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
I picked up this book after seeing Bruce on Canada AM. I starting reading the book in the airport and finished it in one day. Great tips I like how Bruce relates money matters to real life situations that I can readily understand. The book comes packed with sheets to help you get on track on saving money. I highly recommend picking this book for yourself, your loved ones, and even your kids who are just out of school and entering the workforce.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Money Book for People Like Me!, Feb. 6 2011
If you're like me - not in the money field and not very good with money and frankly not all that interested in the granular world of investment - this is the book for you. It's practical, frank and accessible. It doesn't expect or even want you to become an investment guru - just be a sensible dreamer about your finances and your financial goals. Loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun read, Jan. 28 2011
Who thought a personal finance book could be funny? Great read -- and helped me figure out what my money is for ... And what it wasn't -- so I could focus on the things that are important to me ...

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're a smart money dummy, this is your book!, Feb. 22 2011
It's a rare thing to read a book that feels as though it was written just for you. Reading Bruce's book helped me further sharpen my focus on what's really important and to spend, save and invest accordingly. His approach to money is honest, refreshing, funny, and most importantly, human. It puts you, and what matters to you, at the centre of the book and all the exercises in it. So, if you're a smart person who can't resist doing dumb things with your money, this book was written for you too!

5.0 out of 5 stars So useful and an enjoyable read as well, Feb. 28 2011
I am not financially savvy and am generally intimidated by things that involve money. After reading Moolala, I can actually foresee feeling and behaving differently.

First of all, the book is well written. Bruce's style is engaging, funny and informative. Reading it was a pleasure.

Second, the content is excellent. The manner Bruce encourages you to view money makes so much sense. His tips are practical and I feel armed to take action effectively.

Finally, and what I most appreciated, is that there is not a shred of condescension in this book. Bruce assumes his reader is smart and this is reflected in everything from the book layout and graphics to the over-all tone.

I highly recommend this book. I gave it to my nephew who has just started university. How I wish I had been given such a gift. This book is ideal for anyone just starting an independent life straight through to anyone who senses they could feel more in control of their money. Sounds like all of us to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars I sleep better at night!, Feb. 11 2011
Like most people I worry about money but I am terrible at doing anything about it. Finally there is a book that makes it both easy and understandable for me to do a better job of planning my life and my future. And Bruce's humour really does help the medicine go down.

5.0 out of 5 stars A new relationship with money, Feb. 22 2011
I have been a CFO, taught finance based courses, advised clients with regard to their fianancial matters, and yet, my own finances have been a source of tremendous angst. Reading Moolala I realize that the angst was less about whether I was doing the right thing but was rooted in how I relate to money and what it has meant to me. I now have a new context for money. What a relief!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally. A book that gives me permission to NOT have all the answers, Feb. 28 2011
Finally. A book that gives me permission to NOT have all the answers for the monotonous money matters that all of us should address but rarely do. I found great value in determining a context for what money means to me in my life.

It's ground-breaking and will motivate you to do things differently with your money AND your mind-set around it. Not only that, but the book is written in an easy-to-read, fun format that really does take the drudgery out of it all.

Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars great intro to money management, Feb. 10 2011
Moolala taught me - with a great sense of humour - how to get back in touch with my money by adding context to my spending/saving patterns, and gave me a reason to stop being afraid/reluctant to deal with the stuff. As a result I feel much more in charge and much closer to my goals. Excellent read for people like me who don't know (and don't care!!) about investing.

Used & New from: CDN$ 2.37