4.0 out of 5 stars good read, Jan. 29 2011
This review is from: Moolala: Why Smart People Do Dumb Things with Their Money - and What You Can Do About It (Paperback)
I found the book to be very well written, and an enjoyable read. He makes personal finance very understandable. I suppose I may be in the minority, but I already save, I don't struggle with motivating myself to save and I enjoy investing, it's not a chore. So, I found I had to glaze over a good chunk of the book because it didn't apply to me. However, when he did talk about his point of view on investing it made it well worth the price of admission. I plan to pass the book on to some friends who I think will be able to take a lot away from the book. I think this is a great book for someone who isn't a big fan of saving, and has limited investment experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Transformational, Jan. 28 2011
Dominic (Markham, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
Bruce's approach is transformational. It goes way beyond typical 'how to' books on finance. Be prepared to get introspective and get connected to what money really means for you. When you arrive at your purpose for money you will drop the struggle and become far more effective in handling it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for introduction into saving, Feb. 10 2011
Alicia Valliere "Movie and TV Guru" (Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
I picked up this book after seeing Bruce on Canada AM. I starting reading the book in the airport and finished it in one day. Great tips I like how Bruce relates money matters to real life situations that I can readily understand. The book comes packed with sheets to help you get on track on saving money. I highly recommend picking this book for yourself, your loved ones, and even your kids who are just out of school and entering the workforce.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Money Book for People Like Me!, Feb. 6 2011
If you're like me - not in the money field and not very good with money and frankly not all that interested in the granular world of investment - this is the book for you. It's practical, frank and accessible. It doesn't expect or even want you to become an investment guru - just be a sensible dreamer about your finances and your financial goals. Loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun read, Jan. 28 2011
Who thought a personal finance book could be funny? Great read -- and helped me figure out what my money is for ... And what it wasn't -- so I could focus on the things that are important to me ...

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're a smart money dummy, this is your book!, Feb. 22 2011
It's a rare thing to read a book that feels as though it was written just for you. Reading Bruce's book helped me further sharpen my focus on what's really important and to spend, save and invest accordingly. His approach to money is honest, refreshing, funny, and most importantly, human. It puts you, and what matters to you, at the centre of the book and all the exercises in it. So, if you're a smart person who can't resist doing dumb things with your money, this book was written for you too!

5.0 out of 5 stars I sleep better at night!, Feb. 11 2011
Like most people I worry about money but I am terrible at doing anything about it. Finally there is a book that makes it both easy and understandable for me to do a better job of planning my life and my future. And Bruce's humour really does help the medicine go down.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun money book!, Jan. 25 2011
I've just started reading this book and it's excellent. Already my mind is thinking about how to think about my money differently. I can see how I can do things differently. And he's hilarious.

4.0 out of 5 stars Check out the Priority Pyramid, April 1 2011
Great personal finance book that really got me motivated. It asks you to focus on what your money is for so you will enjoy working towards your big or small goals. I especially found the Priority Pyramid helpful - just seeing what you should be focusing on right now and not being distracted or overwhelmed by financial stuff that would only complicate things for you at present. There are lots of personal examples, both from the author and his money group. It never does describe what the title means, but I'm guessing that it's just a new way to think about your money (moolah)?

5.0 out of 5 stars Relevant to more than just finance, April 1 2011
This book is great for those who want a better understanding and handle on their personal finances, and it applies to so many other areas of adult life. Don't want to be fretting about your money but keep making stupid choices with your spending? Get this book. Want to lose some weight but don't want to workout? Get this book. Don't want to clean your house, but you're sick of the mess? Get this book. It's about finally being a grown up and realizing that nobody's going to do it for you. If it's going to get done, you need to step up. The great thing is that stepping up is completely laid out for you. Nobody will do the work for you - but at least Mr. Sellery provides easy, logical and well thought out steps for you to follow!

ARRAY(0xbfa08378)