march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on November 29, 1999
This is NOT the worse novel that I have ever read! The symbolism and imagery bleeds out of this novel and the writing style makes the reading a challenge. However, the same way that Shakespeare's works are difficult to understand there is a reward when you discover the true meanings. When you read this book for the first time take it with a grain of salt and guess at the symbols your probably right. Reading is a personal experience and you can't be wrong if you can explain your view. Don't be discouraged, if I can do it, you too can catch the glory. When all else fails read the earlier edition from 1969 and peruse Grubes introduction, it's pratically Cole's notes.
on February 2, 2000
I have recently read this book and I think it is quite interesting. But some what confusing. I have chosen to use it for a research paper in English. I was wondering if any one could direct me to any web sites or articles that review this book in more detail. I need some help in trying to write about and explain (to me) the function of various ideas that appear throughout the novel. Ie.The function of imagery, superstition, religion, the isolated village. Anything to do with the ideas of guilt shame, responsibility, birth and/or death. I need a place to start and some available literature to make reference to etc. Thank-you to anyone who can help.