4.0 out of 5 stars Great early 20th century Can lit
I recently studied this novel for a survey Canadian literature class and was surprised at how readable it was. The narrative style flows well and it is complex without being distant. The question that is being examined here is to what lengths must one go to to live their faith? And is it worth it?
A mark of a good book is often if you can understand where even the...
Published on Dec 9 2009 by Lyra Tallis

3.0 out of 5 stars thought that it was very moving
i felt very sorry for the priest and the grils the way societyshuned all of themm because they acted in a uncoth method.
Published on April 1 1999

4.0 out of 5 stars Great early 20th century Can lit, Dec 9 2009
Lyra Tallis (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Such Is My Beloved (Paperback)
A mark of a good book is often if you can understand where even the most vile characters are coming from and Callaghan does this with such a delicate touch that you almost don't realize it.
This is a great book and a deserved part of the Canadian canon. Definitely worth picking up.

4.0 out of 5 stars I recommend this book because I really enjoyed it, Jan. 8 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Such Is My Beloved (Mass Market Paperback)
I found this book very interesting. This book is realistic because it follows the lives of a few people. I found the characters very moving because they are stubborn but they seem so vulnerable. I though the ending was a bit sad because the priest failed at getting them out of their prostituting jobs. For anyone who likes books that focus primarily on the characters everyday lives then I would recommend it to you.

3.0 out of 5 stars thought that it was very moving, April 1 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Such Is My Beloved (Mass Market Paperback)

ARRAY(0xade26a74)

Such Is My Beloved
Such Is My Beloved by Morley Callaghan (Mass Market Paperback - March 1 1989)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01