5.0 out of 5 stars Sister & I. From Victoria to London. By Emily Carr, Sept. 26 2012
This review is from: Sister and I: From Victoria to London (Hardcover)
I came across this book among newspapers at a tourist shop at a B.C. Ferry Terminal. Certainly not where anyone would expect a book of this quality to be on display. The appeal of the design of the hard cover alone was enough to invite closer inspection. Sharing Emily Carr's journal of her travels with her sister from Victoria to London in 1910 is a delight. Each entry is accompanied by a sketch of one amusing or frustrating incident in the day as only Emily could see it. It is a delightful book & one that should be on every Canadian's wish list. Congratulations to the Royal B. C. Museum for producing such a treasure.
After my initial purchase I was pleased to see the book is available from Amazon & promptly ordered 2 more copies.

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful read, Dec 22 2011
This review is from: Sister and I: From Victoria to London (Hardcover)
I am an Emily Carr fan and enjoyed looking at this book. The book begins with a foreward written by Kathryn Bridge which describes the journal and explains the travels that Emily and her sister embarked on together. The journal itself is humourous and paints a picture of train travel across Canada in 1910. I am from Calgary and I liked reading about my own city and cities in Alberta. The reproduction of the journal is lovely. The drawings are beautiful. Carr's descriptions of many of the joys and woes of her travels had me smiling. It is simply written and could be enjoyed equally by adults and children.

5.0 out of 5 stars sister and i : from victoria to london, Nov. 6 2011
This review is from: Sister and I: From Victoria to London (Hardcover)
I have always been very interested in the personality of emily carr. This is a great look into her personal diary of the trip with her sister.
Also a good description of train travel across canada in the days when it was available to all people. Great read for young girls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 27 2014
Wonderful

Sister and I: From Victoria to London
Sister and I: From Victoria to London by Emily Carr (Hardcover - April 15 2011)
CDN$ 24.95 CDN$ 15.72