5.0 out of 5 stars Kamala Das - A Friend to All Women, Nov. 14 2010
This review is from: The Love Queen of Malabar: Memoir of a Friendship with Kamala Das (Hardcover)
I loved this book. Reading one of Kamala's sentences was like reading a chapter in a book. I cannot yet describe the feelings I had at the end of the book but I do know I had an ache in my throat. I am very happy to have read this book and I know I will not lend it out and I know I will read it again. Thank you Merrily Weisbrod for writing about this interesting woman. You made me feel like I was in the room listending to her.

5.0 out of 5 stars I read it three times!, Oct. 24 2011
The Love Queen of Malabar is a cross-cultural adventure story. Weisbord takes us deep into another culture and our own, on an intimate roller-coaster ride. You can taste, smell, feel the life of Kamala Das, the great Indian rebel poet as she and Weisbord explore Indian and North American love, sex, writing, motherhood and spirituality. Das's convension at 67, for love, is a riveting drama. You can't put it down. It's a great read.

ARRAY(0xaa09ef08)

The Love Queen of Malabar: Memoir of a Friendship with Kamala Das
The Love Queen of Malabar: Memoir of a Friendship with Kamala Das by Merrily Weisbord (Hardcover - Sept. 30 2010)
CDN$ 32.95 CDN$ 20.65