march boutiques-francophones snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 26, 2008
What the book does is teach you the content of the GED and gives you "PRACTICE TESTS" so you can get used to how the test is written. The test is almost all multiple choice, except the written essay. This book teaches you what may be in the questions but most of all, getting used to an all multiple choice test. Though this is an overview of the GED there is books that specialize. If you know you only have difficulties in one area maybe get that book instead. But if you are looking for the general content of the test this is the book to buy.

If you thought the book had the actual answers, you are badly mistaken. A:The book would be ilegal if they could, and B. they have many different tests so people can't give the answers.
on August 5, 2010
This is the book that you NEED if you want to write and pass the GED test in Canada.
This book clearly explains most of the things you need to know.
I was surprised with how little they had for Social Studies and Science, but I am assuming that is all you need to study for the actual test.
The Math and Writing areas of the book will prepare you for the test, and help you pass.
Great study guide!

With LoveXX
on December 8, 2010
This is an absolute great buy if you're looking to brush up academically for your GED. However, don't buy it for a loser boyfriend who never actually plans on bettering himself because the couch is way too comfy and workmans comp way too accommodating.
on March 10, 2009
This appears to be the most comprehensive book for the Canadian GED available and lives up to that reputation.
on February 8, 2012
This GED guide book is very complete and has a lot of information in it including instructions on how to set up the specific calculator. Unfortunately, it can be intimidating with the amount of pages in the book and some of the lessons could use a little more description, especially if you have been out of school for many years.
on February 3, 2014
Being 20 and without a diploma is disheartening but I chose to take on the GED and it was the best decision of my life. This book helped me greatly in passing the test, so much so I bought this for a friend to help him study to pass the test.
on May 21, 2016
I found myself 50 years old and needed to get my GED for a job in two weeks. I bought this book, and it was the best move that I made! Don't let the large size intimidate you, it is set up so well.

First, you take a test for each subject. Then you put your results into their grids and it tells you what areas that you are weak in. Study those first. Each lesson has a test, each section has a review. Once you're done them all again, you take the main test again and see your progress and go back and work on any remaining weak areas, if any!

I've got one of five exams completed and scored 100% on the first one (Language Arts - Reading). I credit this book, and its amazing format, for that!
on March 16, 2016
This is a surprisingly big book. Approx 8.5" x 11" x 2". Very well laid out. Thoroughly covers the required material with great section of test questions. Terrific value.
on November 24, 2012
This book has instruction to help you learn to do the questions, as well as tons of questions that are very much like what you'll find on the Canadian GED. I used it to test myself and figure out which areas I needed work in, and then did the lessons and practice questions for those subjects. I don't have my GED results back yet but I'm pretty sure I aced it. This book is a great bargain and has everything you need for your GED prep.
on April 25, 2016
The book has MANY pages that include instructions and tests. Most would find it intimidating but if you go about it the right way then you will be fine. Its full of information that you will need and i suggest getting a notebook and pencil & calculator. If you have access to a scanner to print off certain pages that would be great. It was worth it in my eyes as i go through each subject.