march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on November 21, 2010
I bought this book about a week ago and couldn't be happier with the purchase. The book is so comprehensive and easy to understand. I especially love the way that the author, Alexandra Anca, organizes foods to buy (and not buy) according to grocery-aisle shopping. She goes aisle by aisle (like the grocery store) and includes detailed lists of foods that are safe and gluten-free, as well as those that aren't. In addition to this, the menus (a month's worth) and recipes are practical, balanced and delicious (well, the ones that I've tried so far!). I highly recommend buying this book if you, or anyone one that you love, is in need of help with their gluten-free diet. This is an excellent book!
on December 19, 2011
This book answered all my questions about being a Celiac and confirmed all the initial feelings I had. It has a well-laid plan on how to go gluten-free and where to start. Menu plans, grocery lists and even what to look out for on food labels are all very helpful information! Excellent book for any new gluten-free'er or newly diagnosed Celiac.
on December 9, 2013
This has a lot of great recipes and helpful hints in there. Great for people with gluten issues for everyday.
on December 31, 2012
I lost 10 lbs going on a gluten-free diet, and gained 2 lbs by eating these recipes. They are great.
on July 8, 2014
oOne of the best books on gluten free food and how to make better choices
on January 10, 2012
I'm sorry to be the naysayer, but this book was a HUGE disappointment. I had read about Theresa Santandrea-Cull in an interview on CBC and immediately went out and bought her book. The information is sound, however, the recipes aren't the greatest. I think I've really liked only about three of the recipes I've tried. She said in her interview something about gluten-free baking using too much flour, but didn't elaborate in her book, which would have been nice. If she would have elaborated, I could have used her principle to adapt other gluten-filled recipes to gluten-free. On the plus side, I liked the meal plan (although I didn't use it), and the aisle-by-aisle list for going to the grocery store. I may still try a few of the recipes (to see if I like any more of them), but if I don't I might send the book to a used book store in the hopes that someone else will buy it.
on August 28, 2014