march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: Paperback|Change

on April 6, 2012
I have all three cookbooks from the Dietitians of Canada series and this one is my favorite. Be warned, however, if you have one of the other two, there is a lot of overlap of recipes between the three books, which I did not know when I purchased all three. There is a great variety of recipes and each chapter contains nutritional tips and information. Most recipes have variations or substitution information on the side, and all recipes have nutritional analyses. I use the muffin recipes most often, as they are great base recipes. You can use the add-ins that they suggest or customize them to make any kind of flavoured muffin you want. There is also a great section on vegetarian entrees, and I think this book is worthwhile for vegetarians even though it contains chapters on cooking with meat. (I was a vegetarian when I bought it and I still used tons of the recipes). Overall, it's a great book for anyone who's interested in nutrition and healthy eating.
on July 17, 2011
This was recommended to me by a friend. I tried getting it from the library but the wait was in the double digits so I bought my own and have been sharing it with my 20something sons who are into eating well. Great book, common ingredients and full nutritional details.
on April 16, 2012
I got this book originally from the library. I used it to teach my granddaughter (8) to cook and follow simple but nutritious recipes. She said "Grandma this is gold" and so I went on Amazon and purchased it. We are currently working our way through the book and find the recipes interesting and delicious and not boring.
on January 17, 2012
Great recipes. Try the sweet and spicy chicken, pg 180. The kids loved it. We also gave the book as a gift and supplied some ingredients and a page number to encourage a friend to cook!
on August 27, 2013
Good reliable source from Dieticians of Canada, and plenty of recipes to ensure variety. Great pictures, too! Any recipe that's in here, I know will be good for me and my family!
on March 24, 2015
Healthy, easy and delicious recipes! Great information and presentation. All recipes from Canadian registered dietitians. Love this book!
on June 7, 2014
I was disappointed, I was expecting more from that book. I rarely use it. I will not recommend it to people who like cooking
on October 30, 2014
The recipes are average but give a good healthy base to do with them as you wish to spiff them up.
on March 3, 2016
Arrived quickly, great cookbook. Well worth it.
on November 23, 2014
Very good some of the recipes are delicious.