5.0 out of 5 stars Great basics
Published on April 6 2012 by Anonymous

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Book
I was disappointed, I was expecting more from that book. I rarely use it. I will not recommend it to people who like cooking
Published 6 months ago by Michelle Caron

5.0 out of 5 stars Great basics, April 6 2012
This review is from: Dietitians of Canada Cook!: 275 Recipes Celebrate Food from Field to Table (Paperback)
I have all three cookbooks from the Dietitians of Canada series and this one is my favorite. Be warned, however, if you have one of the other two, there is a lot of overlap of recipes between the three books, which I did not know when I purchased all three. There is a great variety of recipes and each chapter contains nutritional tips and information. Most recipes have variations or substitution information on the side, and all recipes have nutritional analyses. I use the muffin recipes most often, as they are great base recipes. You can use the add-ins that they suggest or customize them to make any kind of flavoured muffin you want. There is also a great section on vegetarian entrees, and I think this book is worthwhile for vegetarians even though it contains chapters on cooking with meat. (I was a vegetarian when I bought it and I still used tons of the recipes). Overall, it's a great book for anyone who's interested in nutrition and healthy eating.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best one yet., July 17 2011
This was recommended to me by a friend. I tried getting it from the library but the wait was in the double digits so I bought my own and have been sharing it with my 20something sons who are into eating well. Great book, common ingredients and full nutritional details.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cooking with kids, April 16 2012
Jean M. Bright (Carleton Place, Ont, Canada) - See all my reviews
I got this book originally from the library. I used it to teach my granddaughter (8) to cook and follow simple but nutritious recipes. She said "Grandma this is gold" and so I went on Amazon and purchased it. We are currently working our way through the book and find the recipes interesting and delicious and not boring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy cook, Jan. 17 2012
Great recipes. Try the sweet and spicy chicken, pg 180. The kids loved it. We also gave the book as a gift and supplied some ingredients and a page number to encourage a friend to cook!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, June 7 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical recipes, Aug. 27 2013
Judy Patterson (Ottawa, ON) - See all my reviews
Good reliable source from Dieticians of Canada, and plenty of recipes to ensure variety. Great pictures, too! Any recipe that's in here, I know will be good for me and my family!

3.0 out of 5 stars The recipes are average but give a good healthy base to do with them as you wish ..., Oct. 30 2014
The recipes are average but give a good healthy base to do with them as you wish to spiff them up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, Nov. 23 2014
Very good some of the recipes are delicious.

Dietitians of Canada Cook!: 275 Recipes Celebrate Food from Field to Table