5.0 out of 5 stars Passed the exam with this book

2.0 out of 5 stars More books needed
Published on June 19 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Passed the exam with this book, Dec 12 2003
By A Customer
I used this book and some separate practice questions to study for the exam, and I passed on my first try. The practice questions i bought were ok, but they didn't really explain any of the topics very well. This book covers all of the exam objectives very thoroughly, with lots of theory AND practical information. It also includes what they call "real world scenarios" that do a good job of adding some context to the rest of the information in the chapters. The extra CD content could have been better, but I bought the book for the book, not the CD. The chapters are clearly laid out, explaining the exam objective coverage at the beginning of each one. This book has everything you need to pass the exam and actually learn the material. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone studying for the exam.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for passing the exam, Dec 12 2003
By A Customer
I'm working on my Server 2003 certification and I'm using all of the Sybex study guides. This book follows the traditional Sybex format with lots of screenshots and exercises, as well as thorough background and theoretical information. All of the information in the book is geared towards the exam objectives, which is great. You don't have to sift through too many topics that you won't see on the exam at all. So far I've passed all of the exams that I've taken, so I'd have to say that this book and the entire series are great.

2.0 out of 5 stars More books needed, June 19 2004
By A Customer
This book will teach you the basics. iT does not prepare you for the test. I read the whole book cover to cover and understood it completely. The test is nowhere as easy as this books questions. It does not go into depth with scenerios that can be helpful. I recommend you get the microsoft books for this test. If you are currently working with 2003 it will help alot. but do not plan to only use this book unless you luck up and get the perfectly tailored test to what this books covers.

MCSE: Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Planning, Implementation, and Maintenance Study Guide: Exam 70-294
CDN$ 54.99 CDN$ 34.64