5.0 out of 5 stars It is better than The Tender Years!!!!, Sept. 6 1998
This review is from: A Searching Heart (Hardcover)
I have read alot of series book and it seems that the sequels never live up to the first. Most authors could have put everything in one book. But not this one. I could not believe that this book was better than the first. It kept moving and there was not a slow part anywhere. Virginia was a bright and mature young girl in The Tender Years. She has blossomed into a bright mature young woman. She is learning that everything has a purpose and God will take care of everything.. I recommend this book highly. It was soo good now I cant wait until #3 comes out. I hope I dont have to wait tooo long......My neice and I are anxiously waiting.. WAY TO GO JANETTE OKE..You have created another masterpiece

4.0 out of 5 stars Virginia Simpson grows up..., Feb. 1 2004
Bonnie McKinzie (Garden Grove, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Searching Heart (Paperback)
This second book in Prairie Legacy is a continuation of the life of Virginia, granddaughter of Clark and Marty and daughter of Belinda and Drew.... of the Love Comes Softly series. Virginia is becoming an adult and her plans for college, marriage and friendship with Jenny are all challenged in this book, another great one by Janette Oke. The end leaves one reaching for book 3 of this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great book, Aug. 8 1999
This review is from: A Searching Heart (Hardcover)
I probably enjoyed this book more than the last one. This one really shows a young woman determined to do the right thing no matter what happens, but it also gives you the feeling that Virginia struggled with all of her decisions when life didn't seem to be working out the way she hoped. I can't wait to read the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mezmerising novel that kept you guessing until the end, Jan. 8 1999
This review is from: A Searching Heart (Hardcover)
This book was one of Oke's best. It seems that often in Christian fiction the end is obvious. In this book you have no idea what will happen until it does. Virginia is faced with many situations and people but you don't know how she will react until you turn the page. GREAT BOOK!

5.0 out of 5 stars I can relate to this book, Dec 5 1999
This review is from: A Searching Heart (Paperback)
This book is about a girl who gets out of school and must decide what to do with her life. I will graduate next year and am faced with the same decision. I liked the way she made God the center of her life. This is a good Christian book that I would recommend to anyone!

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Series by Janette Oke, July 21 1999
This review is from: A Searching Heart (Paperback)
I have read and love all of Janette Oke's books. A Searching Heart was another great story. I am anxiously waiting the next in the series. I see that there is a Book 4, but haven't been able to locate Book 3. What is it's title and where can I find it?

5.0 out of 5 stars DEFFINETLY AN AWESOME BOOK!, Feb. 3 1999
This review is from: A Searching Heart (Hardcover)
I LOVED THIS BOOK! BOTH 1 &2 WERE GOOD. BUT THE END SORT OF LEFT ME GUESSING,WILL THERE BE ANOTHER ONE JANETTE OKE? PLEASE SAY YES. I JUST HAVE TO KNOW HOW THE STORY UNFOLDS FOR VIRGINIA AND HER SWEETY,AND ALSO LITTLE FRANCINE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, July 6 1999
This review is from: A Searching Heart (Paperback)
I haven't read this book, but I've heard so many good things about it I'll probably get it when I have the money. The thing is, how can I choose between a great book and Avalon? I'll most likely go with this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Series Yet By Mrs. Oke!, April 11 1999
This review is from: A Searching Heart (Hardcover)
I have read almost all of Janette Oke's books, and A Prarie Legacy is my favorite series. A Searching Heart has me aching to know what happens...I hope that Mrs. Oke writes a third one in this series!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books ever written, March 17 2000
This review is from: A Searching Heart (Hardcover)
I loved this book! It was so easy to relate to Virginia and feel her emotions. This is one of the best books Janette Oke has ever written. I can't wait for the next book in the series.

A Searching Heart
A Searching Heart by Janette Oke (Hardcover - Jan. 1999)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.77