5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, and great value
Great stuff, and great value. These omnibus books are super and I am slowly replcing my b&w essential equivalents with omnibus books. It was fun rereading the beginings of Spidey's career. The Ditko art is superb. Highly recommend. Get it before it goes out of print.
Published on July 8 2009 by Jay32

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay...
I know that my rating is harsh for this omnibus, but this is because we have come to expect much more from spidey novels these days (story complexity & advanced artwork). Stories on this one are rather simplistic and the artwork is just okay. If your a spidey fan, this is a definite must have however.
Published 5 months ago by RMG

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, and great value, July 8 2009
This review is from: Amazing Spider-Man - Volume 1 (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars New Printing Review., Nov. 22 2013
S.G.S (Halifax, NS Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I read The Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus - Volume 2 before I read vol 1. I loved vol 2 partially for the stories, and the Romita art. Much to collectors delight Marvel made the vert smart decision to reprint vol 1 ( YAY ).

I always love the 2nd arc to any story more than the original. IE The Empire Strikes Back, The Two Towers, The Godfather part II, and the list can go on. Comics to me are no different. The Lee/Romita era of Spidey is my favorite and I don't think that will ever change. However the Lee/Ditko era of Spiderman will probably always be listed as the best by most readers. These stories like many origins, and starting points take a little while to get your full attention. The early issues were trying to find a voice, and like everything they do not always work as well at the beginning. However once that voice is found your patience will be rewarded with what can easily be considered the best run in comics. By the time you are 25% into this book you will be fully invested into Peter's personal life (I always thought of Gwen Stacy as Peter's 1st love, I was wrong). The stories just get stronger and stronger from there until you get to one of the best story arcs in all comicdom "If This be my Destiny." (issues 31-33).

I love Marvels Omnibus line, and I always preorder the one I know I want. They are a fantastic way to read a nice long run of a favorite character, or writer/artist. As many of the 2013 Omnibus reviews have stated Marvels new printing are noticably different from their pre 2013 printings. Differences are , thinner paper ( not a bad thing ), a different cover ( lighter and a different material ). Up unitl this vol I really have had no real issues with this change. I always prefered the old printing. I love a quality print job and for years Marvels Omnibus were one of the best. The little issues I have with this vol are not enough to take away any stars, but I still think a buyer should consider them. This book is 1100 pages and is still quite big. I find that once I was finished the book had a little curve to it ( eventhough I read it on a lap desk , and the pages towards the end also did not look as neat and pristine as they did originally. Sure once I read a book it should not look mint anymore, but this was not always the case with Marvel Omnibus. Not a huge deal, but something worth mentioning I think.

This VOL more than deserves your money and attention, but be warned once you start reading early spiderman you will have no choice but to continue with the next vol.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, Jan. 12 2014
This is the only way to truly get into the amazing Spider-Man without missing any issue whatsoever. A must have for true spidy collectors and fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, June 8 2014
No kidding. I'm really enjoying reading the start of Spider-Man. Its exactly what I wanted, I can't wait to read through it all

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay..., Jan. 27 2014

Amazing Spider-Man - Volume 1
Amazing Spider-Man - Volume 1 by Stan Lee (Hardcover - May 9 2007)
Used & New from: CDN$ 138.56