5.0 out of 5 stars best woman's book
Published on Aug. 2 2005 by margie

3.0 out of 5 stars The Good and the Bad
I have a mixed review for this book. One note that needs to be said that if you are going to take the time to read this book you need to do it with the Journal. I received more through the journalling than I did by just reading the book.
Published on April 15 2006 by Carolyn J. Carleton

5.0 out of 5 stars best woman's book, Aug. 2 2005
margie (Cape Breton , N.S.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Womans Soul (Hardcover)
I read alot and say to all you women out there, you must read this one, it will do your spirit good. It made me feel so good about myself, which is not usual for me. She covered many deep areas, going deep into my very being, and pulled up all the emotion of pain and aloneness, and showed me that I have life and beauty there, to share, just like Stasi did, exposing herself to the world. Thank you for this book John and Stasi Eldredge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for women, Dec 20 2006
This book is absolutely amazing, It has definitely changed how i look at women. It reveals so much truth about both Men and Woman, and it opened my eyes to so many things; Such as what I desire as a man, How i want my future wife to look at me, and what i truely desire in a woman.

This book is not a life manual or even a self-help book, it just speaks the truth about life, and how hard it is, and how this effects us as individuals to our very core. It also opens up the door to realization of who we really are, and who we desire to be.

This is truely an amazing book and one i think everyone should read Women, Men, Christian or athiest; there is something in this book for everyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Good and the Bad, April 15 2006
Carolyn J. Carleton (SK, Canada) - See all my reviews
My biggest issue with this book is that it contained so little scripture. God's word is what guides and teaches us and to leave that out was something very difficult for me. If I had not been doing this as Bible Study with other women I would have put it down after the first couple of chapters because of that fact.

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, March 31 2006
The premise of Captivating is that women share certain questions and needs, and that our feminine hearts have been damaged to some degree so that we've settled for being less than who God designed us to be. Captivating offers hope and healing as we discover how Jesus sees us and who He meant us to be.
This is a rare book. Women are diverse and varied, but there's something for each of us here. God used the truths in this book to refresh and liberate my spirit in surprising ways.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing, June 27 2013
I was given this book as a present, started reading it and it blew me away. I told my husband he should read it too and his reaction was "It's a girls book why would I read it?". He started reading it and finished it long before me haha. Absolutely life changing. Her husbands book for men Wild at Heart is also incredible and I would recommend both books to anyone! I currently buy them used whenever I can so that I can give them away as presents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it, read it, and read it again, April 9 2013
Definitely worth it! Even for women to read, worth it. My wife aid sshe learn things about herelf reading this. Maybe that was the Author's point? I don't know. I would think it was for a man to read to try and understand women. (Alright ladies, stop laughing).

5.0 out of 5 stars interesting perspective, Aug. 25 2014
Interesting read. Would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivated, Nov. 10 2011
This was a revolutionary insight into a woman's true heart. These are things all women *should* know about themselves already, but often we miss the forest for the tree. Well worth a read for anyone in a relationship, pondering a relationship, or planning on ever being in a relationship.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, Aug. 26 2011
I am almost finished this book and I have to say it is hard to put down, very much worth reading! Every woman should read this book, especially one with a damaged childhood. And seeking truth

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, March 28 2011
A must read for women! I heard it was a great read before I bought it, my only regret is not reading it sooner.

Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Womans Soul
Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Womans Soul by Eldredge Stasi Eldredge (Hardcover - April 7 2005)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01