4.0 out of 5 stars I think the book was very nice and detailed.
From what i remember it was detailed which gave me the feeling to feel sympathy for those in the book. I have read other books written by Janette Oke and have enjoyed everyone just as much as this one.
Published on March 22 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't finish it
This book is not the quality of work that I've come to expect from Janette Oke. I was very disappointed in it, and quit reading it about half way through. The characters were lovable and interesting, but I thought the plot dragged just a bit too much for me.
Published on March 29 2001 by D. M Flynn

4.0 out of 5 stars I think the book was very nice and detailed., March 22 1999
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book with winsome characters, Dec 16 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Julia's Last Hope (Paperback)
This is a wonderful book that I couldn't put down! Janette Oke is fast becoming one of my favorite authors. The many different character's she brings to life are each memorable and touching as they go in and out of the boarding house. Each ones visit is like a story within a story. This book is very engaging as we fall in love with John, Julia and their twin daughters and hope that they can save their town! I would highly recommend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't finish it, March 29 2001
D. M Flynn (Anderson, IN) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Julia's Hope, Nov. 29 2000
This review is from: Julia's Last Hope (Paperback)
Yet another good Janette Oke book! This one tells the story of Julia and her husband, along with their twin daughters. The mill in their small town is closing, and John (Julia's husband) works at the mill, along with basically all the men in the town. They have to decide what to do. Should they move? or fight to keep the town alive?
I enjoyed this book, but felt that it was a little bit boring in some aspects (hence the 4 stars). In the end, John and Julia come to a decision and discover how important it is to keep the family together.

Julia's Last Hope
Julia's Last Hope by Janette Oke (School & Library Binding - Sept. 1990)
Used & New from: CDN$ 403.05