5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, Feb. 26 2002
AK BC "the_anchor_point_craigs" (Anchor Point, AK United States) - See all my reviews
If you are a fan of Janette Oke, then you need this book and the others in the series. I have only read this one of the 4 and it ruined it. :) This book is so very powerful, however about the need for family and God. I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, Dec 22 1999
Lefty (Oklahoma,U.S.) - See all my reviews
I am 12 and totally in love with all of Janette Oke's books!As we speak I am reading "Spring's Gentle Promise" and I've cried for joy and sadness throughout this whole book! I can't do anything to make you read it but I would recommend it in a second!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Promise of a Heart Warming Experience!, Dec 9 1999
Out of all the 4 books in the Seasons of the heart Series by Janette Oke, I can guarantee that Spring's Gentle Promise holds the PROMISE of an awesome book. I have traveled along with Joshua Jones, the main character of the story, throughout his whole life. Through tragedy and disappointment to happiness and joy. In this last book Josh goes through some really hard times. From the love of his life falling for his best friend, to the death of his best friend. But with the bad comes the good and Josh finds himself a beautiful wife, a loving family and a future as a prosperous farmer. I guess it is like they always say, life is never boring for some because just when his dreams are developing Josh and his new family are struck with a devastating blow, a drought that nearly puts them on the streets. All they can do is trust in God to get them through. In conclusion, I would just like to say that you must read this book! Heck! Read the whole series, they are all fantastic books! Get ready to laugh and cry and pick up this heart warming adventure!

5.0 out of 5 stars By Far the Most Excellent!, Dec 9 1999
Spring's Gentle Promise. When I hear that phrase I immediatley think of an awesome book that I read. The book is the final book in a series of four books about a boy named Joshua Jones growing into a young man. I loved this book so much because I got to experience the many trials he goes through and the important decisions he makes throughout his life keep me in the can't-put-it-down-mode until the end of the story. Josh finally finds out his purpose in life and even gets a wife. However, when a huge drought comesto stay for years his dreams slip from his fingers. All he can do is to look for odd jobs, ways to sell his things, and pray. I also loved the authors very dexcriptive writing. It painted very vivid pictures in my mind of Josh's life. I loved to see how he courted his wife. I am obviously very romantic. So if you love excitement and romance, pick up this book and enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely a Must-Read Book!!!, Aug. 28 1999
By A Customer
I was amazed by the simplicity of this book, yet truly warmed by the sincerity. Oke writes about everyday life without too much nonsense in her story. I enjoyed the characters from page one and could not let go of the book until I was finished. If there is a fifth book to Seasons of the Heart, I would buy it in an instant. Kudos to Janette Oke for capturing everyday life in its complexities and simplicities all at once.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a book you have to read over again!, May 11 1999
By A Customer
I love all of the Seasons of the Heart, but this one is my favorite.Springs Gentle Promise is funny,filled with information, and very touching.I laughed and cried and fell in love with the great story that was so beautifully written.

ARRAY(0xb4b15c48)

Spring's Gentle Promise
Spring's Gentle Promise by Janette Oke (Library Binding - March 1989)
Used & New from: CDN$ 209.28