biss boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

on June 16, 2003
He is a well-respected renowned Pulitzer Prize nominee, a reporter for the San Francisco Star who has come close to destroying his marriage because he got too close to the evil in his stories. Tom Read's wife Ann, a successful entrepreneur who owns several clothing stores in the San Francisco area, wants her husband to quit his job and he agrees to do it but when the editor asks him to do a literary piece about a jewelry store robbery, he can't say now.
When he arrives at the San Francisco Deluxe jewelry store, he learns that one of the robbers is injured and the remaining two took hostage a woman who was buying an anniversary gift for her husband. His world falls apart when he learns that the hostage is Ann and the police have no clues to the identity of the perpetrators are. As time passes and there are no ransom demands, Tom learns through his contacts that one of the kidnappers considers him an enemy and has a score to settle with him.
A Rick Mofina thriller is always exciting to read and this especially good novel contains plenty of action and it looks like the victim will die because one of the kidnappers is obsessed with the hero. The two villains in NO WAY BACK are vile predators who kill without feeling remorse so nobody will feel anything but loathing for him. This novel is particularly scary because the scenario is all too plausible.
Harriet Klausner
on March 6, 2009
A smoothly written account of an horrific crime that has a surprisingly twisted yet followable plot with believable characters. Fast starting, it holds attention due to seemingly improbable, yet acceptable incidents.
The proofreader missed several cases of "off of" errors that I find unforgivable. But, on the whole, a good recreationable read.
on July 22, 2003
What can I say that others haven't said? THIS BOOK IS ONE YOU CAN'T PUT DOWN! Riveting suspense... crime thrillers will find this a real treat ... believable and intense ...really scary at times....
I find his knowledge of police maneuvering and procedures to be especially fascinating and intriguing! He piqued my interest!!
I can't wait for the next one!
on July 23, 2003
This book will keep you wanting to read the next chapter just to find out what's going to happen next. I bought the book right before i went to work and finished it by the time I left (12 hour shift). Couldn't put the book down, great read!
on October 29, 2015
This was my first book written by this author. I am so happy i read it, and positive it won't be my last by him.
I could literally, not put this book down. Kept my attention to the end. Such beautifully written descriptions , that you want to read each word. In other novels, I sometimes might skip some lines to feed my curiosity sooner. Not with this author
The tension I felt reading this book was palpable. Glad it ended, as I was rung out, however, I will be thinking of these characters for a long time to come
on July 26, 2015
Kept me on edge and waiting for the next twist throughout the whole book. Not often that I stay awake till early morning hours reading a book but this one kept me awake and turning pages. Thanks for a great read.
on July 23, 2015
I couldn't put it down; great character development, complex yet believable plot. I despised one character in particular and hoped she would get her comeuppance. It was easy to get involved in this story!
on January 24, 2016
Well crafted book, believable characters and situations, flows well as story developments. Recommend to all who enjoy reading a good fast paced novel!
on August 27, 2015
Really enjoyed the book. Lovely story how she found love and happiness after the horror she endured.
on July 29, 2015
This story is fantastic and reads at a sprinters pace. Edge of your seat enjoyment.