5.0 out of 5 stars A great summertime book.
A great book, particularly if you like Cape Cod
Published on Nov. 19 1999 by Todd M. Roy

1.0 out of 5 stars What am I missing?
How this book won any type of award is beyond me. The main character's wield of power over local law enforcement authorities is about as unrealistic as they come. I gave this book 164 pages to "grow up" but it let me down. Adios, Mr. Boyer.
Published on Aug. 7 1999 by T. Young

4.0 out of 5 stars Nautical New England guy mystery, Dec 13 2000
Carol Peterson Hennekens (Colorado Springs, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Billingsgate Shoal (Audio Cassette)
This is a very solid read. I'm a little surprised it won an Edgar but it was almost 20 years ago. Standards may have changed.
What stands out about this mystery is the nautical/Cape Cod element. Boats and ships and ship building are the core of this novel. I found this interesting. The plot is a little far fetched, but I'm not a bored guy trying to get through a mid-life crisis by poking my nose into a murder. My middle aged husband has gotten quite a kick out of this book - so maybe it's a guy thing.
Bottom line: a good read - easy to imagine the reader on the beach with this story. I'll check out at least one other Boyer book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great summertime book., Nov. 19 1999
A great book, particularly if you like Cape Cod

1.0 out of 5 stars What am I missing?, Aug. 7 1999
T. Young (Volcano, Hawaii USA) - See all my reviews

Billingsgate Shoal
Billingsgate Shoal by Rick Boyer (Audio Cassette - Sept. 1997)
Used & New from: CDN$ 65.17