5.0 out of 5 stars An Awesome Read
Published on Oct. 31 2007 by Nicole Mazzei

2.0 out of 5 stars +1/2*= 2.5 stars
Sorry for Nora's fans and all the people who love this book for my negative review.
Published on May 19 2003 by lilith

5.0 out of 5 stars An Awesome Read, Oct. 31 2007
I guess whoever reads the customers reviews is a fan or at least have heard about Nora Roberts. The reason I write this review is that I am not a Nora Robers fan and I actually avoided her works, but since I was done with all my favorites writers and I wanted a book to read on the plane in summer and a friend told me since I liked "After the Night" by Linda Howard I will love Carolina Moon as well. Anyways, after I read the book I must say that she was right and I really loved it but since I do not know much about her works. I was wondering is you people who read all of her books might give me ideas as what are her best books and buttom line, which ones would you recommand. I will appreciate it.

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL BOOK!!!!, July 8 2004
Dana Y. Bowles "DYB" (West Chester, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Carolina Moon (Hardcover)
My first Nora Roberts novel....no wonder she's so popular! In a great blend of mystery, romance and suspense this story tells the tale of Tory Bodeen--a woman with the gift of ESP and hellish childhood memories. As a child, her best friend and soulmate Hope was viciously murdered--and the culprit was never found. Now, as a young woman, Tory returns to Progress, South Carolina, the town where she grew up, to confront her own personal demons. However, there are a couple of physical ones that Tory must also contend with; her own abusive father, who seems intent on continuing that legacy, and Hope's murderer--who is still out there. Or are they one and the same? Equally disturbing to Tory are the feelings that she is discovering that she has for Hope's surviving brother Kincade...has she found love at last? Can it survive all of the violence and evil to come?
Nora Roberts has put together the best of every genre in this wonderful tale. She has certainly found another fan in me.
DYB

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, but...., Dec 19 2003
By A Customer
It took me a long time to finish this book because I bought
the audio version, as I do with many books and have for years.
I have to say that I have heard all kinds of narrators on these
books, some obviously better than others, but this was the
worst I have ever heard. A horrible, grating, scratchy voice.
Not the slightest change in inflection or voice from one character to the next. It was often impossible to follow when
a different character was speaking so that the whole process of
trying to determine this was distracting. But the worst part
was just the voice. I finally gave up, something I've never
done before, since I was enjoying the plot of the book. I wasn't about to buy the paperback, already feeling like the
publisher had cheated me by making the audio version unlistenable.
Finally, a friend loaned me the paperback to read.
I generally enjoyed it, there were several interesting characters, although I'm still at a loss about the confusion
regarding the different dates stated about the murders, especially since the killer said Hope was the first, but
the book states the first murder took place 7 years before
her death. Huh? I did think the killer was a bit far-fetched
and i think the book needed an epilogue. I'm not sure
what it is, but lately especially, I've noticed a real trend
with some established writers like Roberts, Sandra Brown, and
Stella Cameron, to name a few, that they seem to totally rush the endings. A lot of these books need an epilogue, but I guess it's just too much work for the authors to take the extra time?
Anyway, other than that, it was a good book. I liked the main characters well enough and the mystery was a good one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sultry Romantic Suspence is Something Special, Oct. 2 2003
Carolina Moon is a sultry, exciting murder mystery that is also loaded with romance. The lead characters are Tory and Cade, and they remain one of my favourite 'couples' because their personalities are built up so well and they have a fantastic spark between them.
Tory Bodeen was the victim of violence as a girl but now she has returned to her childhood home to confront the past. I liked her because she was a strong woman who wasn't brash or rude, instead she was quiet and vulnerable but with a core of iron. The fact that she was gifted with physic powers was an interesting subplot that was handled well.
Cade Lavelle is the brother of Tory's best friend who was murdered when they were little. His unique point is that although he has inherited farmland from his father he has gone out on a limb to practise organic farming despite the ridicule he faces from neighbours and workers alike. The chemistry is there between the two from the moment they meet up again and only builds as the novel progresses. I liked that Cade was protective of Tory but not in an overbearing way. He really respects her and doesn't react badly to her 'powers' such as having visions and reliving past events which another man in her past did. He was thoughtful and caring in a manly way.
The only complaints I have were that sometimes the story meandered with aimless points of view of seemingly minor characters which didn't have a lot to do with the main story or plot development. During these bits I just thought 'Let's get back to the real action with Tory and Cade'. Secondly Faith, Cade's sister, was not at all likeable in the beginning and was very rude and bitter. Even considering her cold upbringing I thought she was overly harsh, especially to the man who clearly loved her, Wade. However the romance between her and Wade was done well and by the end of the book I was pleased that they got together and felt glad that she had turned into a better person.
Overall Carolina Moon is a fun, gripping read with original characters, strong dialogue and a smart murder mystery. I would recommend this to people who want to read a really good example of romantic suspense.
JoAnne

2.0 out of 5 stars +1/2*= 2.5 stars, May 19 2003
lilith (Adelaide, South Australia Australia) - See all my reviews
I honestly think this book is a VERY fogettable book. Not that I didn't enjoy reading this book (Nora just can't write a terrible book, her books always at least enjoyable). It just that this book has NOTHING to remember. It's an average book with an average ingredients that, apart from having Nora's name on the cover, has nothing impressive enough to stick in my memory. The mystery&suspense part isn't captivating enough to be a page turner. The romantic part is shallow and unbelievable, no touching or sparking moment. The killer identity is easy to guess, it'd have been better if it's a surprise. The characters're even easier to forget, none of them have any potential to make me care or felt anything for them. After I finished this book I took it to an exchanged shop with just a little hesitation.
And never wonder why I didn't mention any scenes or character's names at all in my review, I've forgotten them already!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nora Robert scores big with this contemporary Suspense., Oct. 26 2002
Haunted by the dreams of Hope, Tory knows she must return to face the nightmare of what happened to Hope, and to stop the man who killed her friend, for he was killing still now 20 years later.
Being back in lazy Southern town causes problems, for there are those that wish she had never returned to stir up old scars and memories. Faith still resents that her twin sister was closer to Tory. Cade, their older brother,wants answers about his sister's death he knows Tory holds, but he also want Tory.
Is the mad man killing on August 23 the man that fathered Tory? Or one of the other upstanding citizens of Progress.
This book won't let you but it down!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting Romantic Suspense!, Feb. 7 2002
"Carolina Moon" by Nora Roberts is a skilfully rendered tale of mystery and romance. Roberts has created a chilling story, full of rich characters and haunting imagery that is sure to stay with readers long after the book is done.
Tory Bodeen has returned to her hometown of Progress, South Carolina to deal with her memories of an abusive father and her childhood friend Hope's brutal murder. She is determined to open her own store and rebuild her life, and so sets about doing just that.
As Tory struggles to deal with her disturbing visions of Hope's death, she develops a relationship with Hope's older brother, Cade Lavelle. Tory and Cade find comfort and passion in each other's arms, and their romance is exquisitely tender and highly erotic.
Unfortunately, Tory's connection to Hope's death makes her the focus of the Lavelle family's hatred. Cade stands by Tory, but the bitter accusations and threats from his mother have Tory questioning the future of her relationship with Cade. Cade and Tory have an unbreakable bond in their grief and love for Hope, but will that grief bring them closer together or tear them apart?
Living back in Progress has been hard for Tory, but it's about to get a lot more frightening and dangerous than she ever expected, because Hope's killer is still at large, and is much, much closer than anyone realizes!
"Carolina Moon" is a captivating mix of mystery, suspense, and romance, guaranteed to keep you turning pages. The storyline is highly original and very intriguing. You don't want to miss this one, so buy it today and enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars moody, murder mystery that keeps you on the edge!, Nov. 20 2001
Nora Robert scores big with this contemporary Suspense. Tory and Hope were constant companions, twins of the soul even though Hope already had a real twin sister, Faith. Faith always resented the bond. Then one night all their lives were shattered. What was to be a midnight camp out by two 8 years olds bent on adventure, sees one girl beaten severely, another raped and dead in the swamp. Tory and Hope were to sneak out and meet late that night, but Tory's brutal father took a belt to his only child because she had the devil in her, she was born with 'the sight'. Bruised mentally and physically, she was unable to meet Hope as they planned. And it may have cost Hope her life. Though unable to go Hope's aid, Tory suffered the torment of 'seeing' her true friend murdered in a brutal fashion.

This book won't let you but it down!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Satisfying Romance from Nora Roberts�, Oct. 27 2001
Jill Clardy "So many books, so little time...." (Redwood City, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Tory Bodeen has returned from New York to Progress, South Carolina, her small home-town from which she had fled at the age of 18 to escape the beatings of her brutal, evil father and the rumors that surrounded the death of her best friend, Hope Lavelle, 11 years earlier. Tory had special sensory skills that allowed her to see and know things that others could not. She had actually used her powers to help locate missing children during her years in New York. The mystery of the brutal death of her childhood friend still plagued her, and was part of the reason she was returning to Progress. She was also attempting to confront and banish the lingering sense of failure and fear instilled by her father.
When she arrived in Progress to open up an artistic gift shop, she immediately caught the eye of Cade Lavelle, the older brother of her former friend, Hope. Cade was attracted to her, even though she brought back painful memories of his younger sister. Hope's twin sister, Faith, is the bad girl in the plot with her flamboyant, lazy ways and string of failed marriages.
The book is populated with unique and interesting characters and quaint depictions of small town life. Tory's vow to solve the mystery of Hope's death provides a level of intrigue and suspense that serves as an interesting back-drop for the burgeoning romance between she and Cade. Another sub plot is the developing romance between Faith and Wade, the town's vet and Cade's best friend.
Although the outcome of the romance is predictable, the solution to the string of murders is surprising, and the plot keeps you intrigued to the last pages of the book. Nora Roberts has mastered the art of weaving romance into a believable and interesting story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Intrigue, Romance, and Reality all rolled into one!!!, Oct. 17 2001
I've never written a review before, because I haven't felt strongly enough about a book to do so, but here goes:
While reading Carolina Moon, I was entranced from the beginning. Tory Bodeen's story was exremely fascinating as are the alternate charachters in the book.
The variety of twists and turns in plot kept me turning pages. Throughout reading the book it was as if turning each page, you didn't quite know what was going to happen next, and to whom!
Personally, I found this book to be one of Nora's BEST! I have read a lot of her books, but in all honesty hadn't read the last few. I am glad someone suggested it to me, and I will be going back to read the ones I have missed.
I did not want to put it down. Excellent creativity in development of plot scenes and characters. I found Carolina Moon had just the right amount of detail which enabled me to get lost in the story so I could envision myself right there amongst the action.
Of course I found Tory (Victoria)to be an extremely powerful character, which in my opinion did not overpower the story itself. Loved it!

Carolina Moon
Carolina Moon by Nora Roberts (Paperback - June 2001)
Used & New from: CDN$ 1.08