5.0 out of 5 stars Faith....proof of a pathway to our One God!
Published on Dec 4 2009 by VC

3.0 out of 5 stars Tuesdays With Morrie Fan
Fairly interesting story, but the author never quite lets you capture what he is attempting to say (maybe, and that's final!).
Published 17 months ago by S. Klassen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Faith....proof of a pathway to our One God!, Dec 4 2009
This review is from: Have a Little Faith: A True Story (Hardcover)
Mitch Albom does it again!!! I've read all of Mitch's books and have garnered insight into my own faith as well as others. Mitch has shown that every human being has a story, many of which relate to faith, be it what it is. This book is a reflection of not only faith but trust, in our one God. It reinforces our belief that at the end of the day, if we surrender to God's will, all will be okay. In our daily lives, there are challenges to each and every one of us..this is the story of only two such people, whose lives will enrich yours, and allow you to believe, and trust, in our one God. If you are on 'a faith sabbitical' this book will lead you back...as it did Mitch. Having experience the loss of my husband quite suddenly in his 40's a year ago, I questioned my faith. I don't anymore.I find the blessings that he's left me....much the same as Mitch has found at the end of this book. Thanks for sharing the stories of these remarkable people Mitch. This book is a true blessing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mrs. Q: Book Addict : Visit my blog for newest reviews., March 3 2010
This review is from: Have a Little Faith: A True Story (Hardcover)
Title: Have A Little Faith
Author: Mitch Albom
Publisher: Hyperion
Pages: 249
Source: Personal Copy

'Have a Little Faith' was a heart-warming read. Mitch Albom writes an incredible story of an aging Rabi, and an African American pastor man who was addicted to drugs but managed to turn his life around. In the middle we have Mitch himself, learning, observing and growing. The book beginning with one question 'Will you do my Eulogy?' Mitch is concerned, confused and a little turned off from that morbid question. He believes that he is not the right man for the job, and why would his Rabi decide to ask him? Mitch does not decide right away to plan his eulogy, he agrees to meet with his Rabi for a few weeks and get to know him on a personal level. A few weeks, turned into a few years. Does he write the eulogy? Yes. Does this book turn out to be more about the Eulogy? Yes. Mitch recounts his own struggles with religion. He profiles his Rabi, and a convict turned pastor. Each has their own story and their own inspirational tales. One thing is clear in this story, it does not matter which religion you come from. Each should respect and love one another. One quote I loved was 'May your god, and our god bless you.'

I agree, I think there is comfort in religion. I felt that this book helped me with my own faith. Religions all have one thing in common: faith. Hope is what we need when our world is confusing. Faith supports and sustains many of us. While reading this book I was mesmerized. I couldn't put it down. I highly recommend this one, especially for someone who is struggling with their faith.

Here are some wonderful quotes from the book.

' It is far more comforting to think God listened and said No, than to think that nobody's out there.' P. 82

'When you lose someone you love, you can curse God. You can yell. You can blame him. You can demand to know why. But I don't believe in God. I'm a doctor! and I couldn't help my bother.' P 82.

Part of the reason I drifted from my faith was that I didn't want to feel defensive about it. A pathetic reason, looking back, but true.' P. 157

The Reb once did a sermon on how the same things in life can be good or evil depending on what, with free will, we do with them. Speech can bless or curse. Money can save or destroy. Science can heal or kill. Even nature can work for you or against you: fire can warm or burn, water can sustain life or flood it away.' P. 198

5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect Title for this book, March 19 2014
It is an excellent story line. The author is not only writing of experiences he has lived through over the years but takes the reader with bringing back memories of your past family life. It also shows how one can change from a very bad beginning to becoming a person who is respected and vs lied by his commhnu 6th. Definitely would recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Have A Little Faith: A True Story, March 10 2014
I purchased "Have a Little Faith" by Mitch Albom, after receiving a recommendation to read this book.This was such an uplifting novel that I couldn't put down.Such an emotional rollercoaster.I felt so good after reading this novel."Have a little Faith" is a true story nonfiction book that can open your eyes and heart, and allow you to realize how precious life is.It is about believing in something and the two men who taught him how.

The novel centers around three people: Mitch, a Jewish man who inter married who no longer had time for religion, and Albert (Reb), a Jewish rabbi, and Henry, a pastor of "I am my Brother's Keeper Ministry", an intercity church. The Reb was Mitch's rabbi growing up. Both men play a very important part in Mitch's life.

Albert in the spring of 2000 was eighty two and had made a strange request of Mitch. "Will you do my eulogy?." Mitch had agreed to honor his request but wanted to get to know him better. And there starts the journey...

I am very proud to have had the honor of reading this book. Everybody should read this book...and they will never be the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars A story of a man of faith., Feb. 24 2014
I have so enjoyed this story. Reminders of things in life I forgot lessons learnt and re learnt. A man who makes me want to stand up and shout to the world, have hope, love one another, never let anything get in the way of your faith, but be gentle, kind, loving and allow others to have their faith As we are all of one family, the family of a God. Sing sing sing fill your heart with joy and be happy in this life. God is alive and miracles do happen. Life lessons to live by, this is a story you will be happy and touched that you read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Reading Mitch Albom!!, Feb. 22 2014
2 CUPS A DAY - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I enjoy reading Mitch Albom very much. He has a way of wanting you to read till it is done. This is an amazing story of faith, but not religious. I wish I had met the Rabbi Lewis and Pastor Henry....and I am glad that I waited for the paperback. There is an addition in the back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cant put it down !!, Feb. 13 2014
I loved his previous books and this was great as well.
Down to earth and keeps you turning pages.
Particularly liked the conversations among/about different Faiths.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mitch Albom, Jan. 17 2014
Fantastic read. Now go read the other four books he has written. Starting with Tuesdays with Morrie ....amazon.ca should have them all ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars moving, Oct. 10 2013
I enjoyed the book thoroughly. It was very moving and had an enormous effect on me. A wonderful and recommended read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, May 3 2013
This is a great true story that reminds us that regardless of what faith we have, we're all important. Through the stories of the main characters, you learn about how people are willing to help others through faith.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Have a Little Faith: A True Story
Have a Little Faith: A True Story by Mitch Albom (Hardcover - Sept. 1 2009)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01