5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST!!!
Published on June 6 2004 by L Gontzes

2.0 out of 5 stars Hello? Hello? Are you all serious?
I sincerely hope everyone who has reviewed this book and given it nines and tens is very young, because, come on, this book is not *that* great. When I read it as a sixth grader it was interesting... somewhat. Realistically, Test of The Twins is a pre-teen's low-maturity-needed kind of book. It is but one of seemingly millions of Dragonlance books produced to make lots...
Published on Aug. 10 1997 by methanol5@geocities.com

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST!!!, June 6 2004
L Gontzes (Athens, Greece) - See all my reviews
The Legends Trilogy- the Time of The Twins, the War of the Twins, and Test of the Twins, is the sequel to The Chronicles Trilogy- Dragons of Autumn Twilight, Dragons of Winter Night, and Dragons of Spring Dawning, which brings to life the ultimate battle between Good and Evil in the magical World of Krynn. The books are so incredibly well written that the reader feels that they have been transported to another plane of existence and are actually present among the characters, seeing what they see, feeling what they feel, sensing what they sense. The authors Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman have truly outdone themselves and have presented us with a masterpiece of literature the likes of which we have seen only in JRR Tolkien's work and RA Salvatore's The Dark Elf and Icewind Dale trilogies. Duty, honor, bravery, magic, dragons and heroes are all about. One should seriously start thinking about maybe turning them into movies...

4.0 out of 5 stars A god in the making!, April 8 2004
Chris Rehers (Big Bear City, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Test of the Twins: Dragonlance Legends, Volume III (Mass Market Paperback)
Well if you enjoy dark wizardy and battles this is one for you. What makes this final book so good is the time you've invested till now in the character named Raistlin. He has got to be one of the best and most beloved characters in fantasy...kind of sick when you consider how mysteriously good and insanely wicked he really is. Perhaps we love him so much because theres a little bit of Raislin in all of us. BUY THE TRILOGY!

5.0 out of 5 stars It all comes to this, Jan. 15 2004
Eric (Ellensburg, Wa USA) - See all my reviews
After reading the cronicles then the first two books of the legends, I was on the edge of my seat for this one. This book did not let me down, it was great. Picking up from the end of "The War of the Twins" the start of the book leaves you with a lot of questions. It hardly makes since. After the first couple chapters you realize whats going on and from then on out its amazing. If you really are a true Dragonlance fan this book should not take you long. It took me five days to read it, and i don't really read that much. The end of this book will almost make you cry. (Its almost as bad as when sturm dies) All of the problems that the twins have come down to a final defining moment and what happens might not be what u expect. I gave this book a five out of five, and if anyone thinks different email me and ill have a debate with you.

5.0 out of 5 stars By far the best yet..., June 18 2003
I am one of those people that bursts out laughing at the worst times in theaters... I mean, I started laughing at the end of Lord of the Rings, fellowship, so don't even get me started with Titanic. And yet, to my surprise, by the end of this book I found tears on my cheeks and I thought to myself *my god, that was brilliant*
So do not let the oppinions of one person sway you, even if you do not like DragonLance or even fantasy, this book is, and shall forever be, sheer brilliance!

5.0 out of 5 stars By far my favorite book, May 10 2003
By A Customer
Picture if you will, a book that is so dramatic and awe-inspiring that you cannot put it down and will remember it to the end of your days. A book to capture and hold your attention and refuse to let you put it down. A book that you will always remember... this is that book! Book three of the Legends trilogy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A tale of the human heart - Absolutely riveting!, May 2 2003
I think what made the Legends trilogy so popular among fantasy fans were the human traits in Raistlin, Caramon, Crysania, and Tas, and the mutidimensional nature of those characters. Yes, even Tas, the ever cheerful kender, was horrified, sad, afraid, even terrified along the course of events.
What made the trilogy, though, was Raistlin. He displayed very human traits and superhero traits at the same time, a winning combination. Among his human traits, his love for Crysania was evident, even though he denied it to himself and continued to use her. His love for his brother and his longing for the companionship of their youth was also very human, another thing he lied to himself about. Even at the end, he wanted to be the one Tanis touched and warmed. Raistlin lied to himself about being human, he so much wanted to be a god.
Raistlin was also the superhero. With grim determination, he overcame fantastic obstacles. The bargain with Fistandantilus that he turned to his advantage by sucking Fistandantilus dry despite the pain, the terror, the doubt, was a big coup in the story. When he met with demons, ghouls, and all manners of foes produced by the Dark Queen or fellow magicians, it was evident he was afraid, tortured, even helpless at some points. What made him great was that he fought on and on, sometimes with the last hair of the last bit of strenght he had. We can't help but love such a character. Wouldn't we all crave to be so determined and focused?
The dark side of Raistlin made him complete. His efforts and all his power were for selfish purposes. None was more self-serving than Raistlin. A villain we loved to love and hate. So villain was he that when he displayed caring, weakness, or passion, we fell in love with him all over again, just like Caramon and Crysania.
If this book were to be rewritten for the new millenium, I would remove the old-fashioned behavior of Raistin and Crysania when they interact. Crysania is supposed to be strong, not always flushed and unsettled. And what is it with this "loss of control" if Raistlin were to make love to Crysania? And the way he rips her robes during the scene at the stream? I must say the various scenes smelled of the Dark Ages of Romantic Relationships. A love interest between those two had a lot of potential that was not well developed.
All in all, I could not put the Legends trilogy down. I lacked sleep for a long time while reading these books. I have read them some years ago, and the same feelings appeared on the second reading.
A must-read for the genre. The human heart has its place even in such fantastic places as Krynn.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great!, April 7 2003
By A Customer
This is just plain wonderful! I love this book! It kept me going, and is a great conclusion to the Legends series. The beginning had me really confused, but I understood afterwards. It was so captivating, I couldn't put it down! And at the end, I cried! Raistlin is my favorite character, and I just broke down and cried! I couldn't believe he would do that! But I don't believe that he's dead. He will never be truly dead... not for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, April 6 2003
This is one great book and love the Character development in here. Raistlin is one great character and seeing the events in this book is very emotional at the end, it had me in tears, and even thinking of the ending I can get teary eye. Overall this is one book that you need to get. the "Legends" Series are better than the chronicles but for full enjoyment, go ahead and read them all.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great end to a great series, Sept. 16 2002
R. Reinhart "rar0831" (Minocqua, WI) - See all my reviews
Weis and Hickman do it again. The end of this series will not disappoint Dragon Lance fans. The time traveling in this book explains much of what happens in the other 2 legends books and the chronicles books. I am already past the second part of Dragons of Summer Flame and must say that this book is not a disappointment at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, Amazing!, Amazing!, July 23 2002
One of the things that always disturbed me in the "Dragonlance Chronicles" was the riddle of the relationship between Raistlin and Caramon. I even wrote Margaret Weis asking her if Raistlin had ever loved his brother. Well, in this thrilling, funny, exiciting and breathetaking book, I have found the answer, at least my answer. I refer to this book as the last in the "Tanis and his friends" Saga, because I didn't really like "Dragons of Summer's Flame" and it is indeed a great ending to an amazing saga. A must read, and if you are a dragonlance-o-holic like myself, a must have.

ARRAY(0xb21c4270)

Test of the Twins: Dragonlance Legends, Volume III
Test of the Twins: Dragonlance Legends, Volume III by Tracy Hickman (Mass Market Paperback - Feb. 1 2001)
CDN$ 10.99 CDN$ 9.89