5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars
Pure Escapism
Published 10 days ago by Hoppy

2.0 out of 5 stars Hello? Hello? Are you all serious?
I sincerely hope everyone who has reviewed this book and given it nines and tens is very young, because, come on, this book is not *that* great. When I read it as a sixth grader it was interesting... somewhat. Realistically, Test of The Twins is a pre-teen's low-maturity-needed kind of book. It is but one of seemingly millions of Dragonlance books produced to make lots...
Published on Aug. 10 1997 by methanol5@geocities.com

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The best thing, I ever read, Oct. 27 2001
Mariya Stepanova (Arkhangelsk, Russia (now live in U.S as an exchange student)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Test of the Twins: Dragonlance Legends, Volume III (Mass Market Paperback)
This book made me wipe like a kindergarten kid, until I ran out of Kleenex. It so hard to read about what happened to the brothers, who love each other more than anyone else in the world. It's so sad, that they cant be together. Until the very end I hoped that Raistlin will leave this insane idea of becoming a god and that he will share Crysania's love. Well, I missed... This book left me shivering and I couldn't sleep peacefully until I got "Dragons of Summmer Flame". You should buy it if you are a sensible person and you want to get over "The Test of the Twins". Otherwise, just get lots of Kleenex...

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, Sept. 8 2001
This is the greatest fantasy book ever written. I read lots of fantasy. This is the best! I love the characters! Then book sucks u in. U can feel the pain when raistlin casts off caramon, when raistlin is sealed off, u feel his brothers pain. The Best book ever. I'm serious. I've read it 6+ times and it's always the best. Read it if u want the best, and only the best

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal Conclusion, May 20 2001
W. C Dotson "student of life" (Lexington, KY USA) - See all my reviews
This book is a phenomenal ending to a true fantasy epic. Weis and Hickman pull emotions from a reader through their understanding of tragic events and human (if you will) response to tragedy. I would recommend this series to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars I cant really describe it, May 9 2001
This wasn's a book, or a trilogy, it was a reality, a life. Weis and Hickman drag you into the world of Krynn during your worsts times here on this Earth. Krynn is Utopia. Which of you doesn't want to go out and adventure, and end up in the end as a hero, someone no one will ever forget?
Describing what the book was about would ruin it for you, I could tell you all that happens, but you would miss the meaning, and not feel the emotions that this book give you. Legends is just, sad and invigorating. Tas is always there to keep you on your toes, and give you a smile.
I know they are not real, but they will always be there in my time of need. When I think something is bad, I'll just think of these great books, and they will keep me up
Much like another book, the Bible, it picks me up out of the darkness I have created. This is the greatest book ever written, and Chronicles and Legends are not far behind :]
I do not know what to expect from Second Generation and Dragons of a Summer Flame, only the best, despite what I have read. It will be even better I think, as these books always get better.
Kudos to Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman, thank you, very much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional, Capturing, Dramatic, March 25 2001
By A Customer
When I started this book I had already read all the past books, so I knew the history of the characters. However, I did not think that it really mattered; Weis and Hickman fill you in very well. I think you should read the other books simply because they are extremely good as well. Introducing Tanis was a very good idea; I don't know about others, but he was one of my favorite characters. Dalamar was an odd mix of fleeting glimpses of caring through the somewhat cracked mask of evil he wears. Caramon had changed a bit- he wasn't the slobbering fat fool I thought he was in previous books- instead he was a quiet, thoughtful, determined man. All in all, the characters were quite well developed. *applause* By the end of the book, in the last desperate meeting between Caramon and his beloved twin, I was almost crying. I found Raistlins soul not to be gone, forever turned from the world, but instead to be hiding within him, reaching out his hand for help. I shall not give away the ending, but the dramatic conclusion to my favorite series of books made my eyes feel all misty. Amazing book Ms. Weis and Ms. Hickman!

5.0 out of 5 stars End is proparly best I`ve read....maybe.. ever!, March 12 2001
I love this trilogy, `cause its beautyness, the way it tells about friendship, love...and so horrible hate. Though, it seems Raistlin wasn't really only badness, he got some soul, too...And in the end where Caramon came to Abyss and told Raistlin what would have come if he'd won Takhisis.So , maybe there was no choice.I dont matter. I love this trilogy still. Only thing I hated was Tanis. I've always hated him, no matter what became he's fate after.((in:Dragons of summer flame)). Read this, lad...

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to please all., Jan. 15 2001
Raistlin, the evil archmage has defeated Thakisis and is now the God of Evil. His symbol, the hourglass is inprinted in the skies and Krynn is dying. The last two humans alive, Par-Salian and Astinus is held captive by the Evil God during his final attack on Paladine. Raistlin is succesful and soon there will be only him left to rule the deserted world in his madness.
Caramon and Taslehoff arrives in this time, two years after they left, and is the only hope for Krynns survival. With a thought to their timetravel devise they travel back in time to bring Raistlins mad plans to an end.
In this book, Tanis returns and team up with Car and Tas and Raistlins apprentice, Dalamar. And then they battle Lord Kitiaras last forces in due to get to the Tower of High Sorcery in Palanthas.
This book is great. It just is.

5.0 out of 5 stars The action is back!, Dec 19 2000
Christopher Ware (Fremont, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Now, although there is more action in this book than the first two in the series, that doesn't mean the intensive character development is gone. The action serves to emphasize this development. When forced to make choices in battle, we see what motivates the characters into the decisions they make. All three of the major players in this book (Caramon, Tanis, and Tasslehoff) all have to make life altering decisions in the midst of battle.
We also get a glimpse into the heart of Raistlin during his quest. Flashbacks to previous periods in his life give us insight into what made him into the person he is today. We begin to question what we've been led to believe in the previous two books: Is Raistlin truly evil or is there a spark of goodness within him? The ambiguity of this answer makes for a fascinating read...I could never decide whether to root for him or despise him.
Weis and Hickman have used this series to flesh out some of the most interesting characters from the DRAGONLANCE CHRONICLES trilogy. They were especially effective in making Tasslehoff into a more three dimensional character. We see that he isn't the lighthearted, devil-may-care person we all thought he was in the first trilogy. I think they need to write another series like this one and give us a view of the other characters as well: Laurana, Goldmoon, Flint (in the past, of course). The reason this and CHRONICLES are so compelling is that the authors make you care for the characters, especially the tragic ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Finish!!!, Sept. 6 2000
David Rudel (Charlottesville, VA) - See all my reviews
This book concludes the "Legends" trilogy. It isn't quite the ending I wanted, but it was still a great read. I have read the entire saga twice, and if you have gotten this far, you absolutely must read this last book.
I don't like the cover art on this edition, everything from Caramon's hair and build to Raistlin's face and hair are all wrong. For a better look, go to the artwork on "Soulforge."
There is one unfortunate aspect to this book. Caramon's character comes to the realization of what Raistlin is, and his reaction is a bit simplistic and the characterization dealing with him is disappointing. However, this is nothing to be done about it. It would be utter lunacy to have read the first 5 books of the saga ("Chronicles" plus the first two books in this series) and not read this one also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book., Aug. 3 2000
This book is great. The set books, taken as a whole (as they must be), is very good. Not quite as exciting as the first 3 Chronicles books, but interesting none the less.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›

Test of the Twins: Dragonlance Legends, Volume III
Test of the Twins: Dragonlance Legends, Volume III by Tracy Hickman (Mass Market Paperback - Feb. 1 2001)
CDN$ 10.99 CDN$ 9.89