5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful, Wise Reference Guide thats Works!
Published on June 13 2003

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published on Jan. 26 2009 by J. Graham

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful, Wise Reference Guide thats Works!, June 13 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: No More Misbehavin': 38 Difficult Behaviors and How to Stop Them (Paperback)
It is so helpful to have a book that is designed for easy access to a specific topic of concern. I bought this book for some school concerns that we were having with our grade-schoolers. Many of the major hot-button isuues are covered in this book that were of current interest to me. I have found the suggestions and specific steps to correct the behavior to be sensible and for the most part easy to implement; we have already seen positive changes in the homework and school behavior of our two sons (ages 9 and 11). Additionally, we as parents are yelling, nagging, threatening, and complaining much less and that feels so good as far as the general ambiance in our home. On a good day, we seem to have found a few more minutes of 'hanging out' down time together as a family. Another book we highly recommend that we have been using with our 2 and 4 year old is The Pocket Parent. This book is also an A-Z compedium of worrisome behaviors with many sanity saving suggestions that have also worked well for us. I like both quick-read reference books becasue they include very specific strategies of what you might say and do to change the undesirable, often annoying behavior. Both have a sense of humor and compassion throughout, and they are both reasonably priced.

5.0 out of 5 stars You Can Do It!, April 12 2003
By A Customer
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. From the moment I opened this book, I felt as if it was written for me. Now, my children don't even come close to exhibiting all the behaviors covered in this book, but the author has given me the skills and set the tone through realistic strategies and step-by-step recommendations that will serve me well for years to come. I have even given copies of No More Misbehavin' to my parents and in-laws. Now we are definitely (and finally!) on the same page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Discipline is not a four-letter word., April 12 2003
Greg (Redding, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Let me begin by applauding Dr. Borba for once again giving us a resource that is both practical and realistic. While this book is a wealth of behavior tips, background information, and anecdotes based on real parent letters, its real value lies in its down-to-earth, step-by-step approach to handling difficult behaviors that challenge (or will challenge) every parent, every grandparent, and every teacher.
But the comprehensive discussion of 38 troublesome behaviors is just the beginning. This book truly lays the foundation for creating peace in the home by developing a positive attitude and meaningful relationship with children-a relationship built on fairness, honesty, and respect. Bringing this book into your home will change your life. For me, it was about accepting responsibility, sharing that responsibility, and taking on the challenge of understanding and modifying behavior. But, in the end, I see that it's even more about improving the overall quality of my life, and that of my children, through changing the dynamics of an entire family.
Discipline is not a four-letter word. It is the starting point for making this world a better place-one child, one family at a time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have resource!, April 6 2003
Parents are always looking for great ideas on how to improve their kids behavior. Michele Borba's new book offers strategies that are easy and fun to use and that actually work! So many parenting books are based on theory. No More Misbehavin' offers proven and practical ways to address 38 specific behaviors in a way that provides results...and within a short period of time. There is also another unique and important benefit Dr. Borba's book offers...the results are permanent. She shows parents and teachers how to change a behavior and replace it with a more desired behavior. This is what makes her book way ahead of the pack of the many "discipline" books available today. Keep this book close to your nightstand. It will become an indespensible resource.
Anne Leedom<...

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, Jan. 26 2009
J. Graham - See all my reviews
I bought this book after reading the good reviews and was extremely disappointed. There are blank pages for you to fill a behavior recovery plan for each of the 38 difficult behaviors. These blank pages are "book filler" since there is not enough material in the book itself. One example showing how to write a corrective plan would have been enough. The parents could make copies of it as required.

I also found the tips to be little help. You will find 4 to 5 very short tips per behavior. The same tips are repeated several times in the book. Most common tip given for ALL of the bad beheviors is advising you to "make a corrective plan". It does not actually give you a plan. Not worth reading from front to back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots To Cover, Jan. 15 2004
By A Customer
This book covers a lot and is written where it is quite easy to digest. Her tone is similar to other favorite authors of mine and this always seems to keep me reading. Also recommended, Mommy-CEO, by Jodie Lynn. I received both books as gifts and they are a must have for every household who want to finally get cooperation and peace back in the house and love back in the relationship with your kids - and hubby too.

No More Misbehavin': 38 Difficult Behaviors and How to Stop Them
No More Misbehavin': 38 Difficult Behaviors and How to Stop Them by Michele Borba (Paperback - March 13 2003)
CDN$ 15.99 CDN$ 11.54