Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Format: PaperbackChange

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
on June 13, 2003
It is so helpful to have a book that is designed for easy access to a specific topic of concern. I bought this book for some school concerns that we were having with our grade-schoolers. Many of the major hot-button isuues are covered in this book that were of current interest to me. I have found the suggestions and specific steps to correct the behavior to be sensible and for the most part easy to implement; we have already seen positive changes in the homework and school behavior of our two sons (ages 9 and 11). Additionally, we as parents are yelling, nagging, threatening, and complaining much less and that feels so good as far as the general ambiance in our home. On a good day, we seem to have found a few more minutes of 'hanging out' down time together as a family. Another book we highly recommend that we have been using with our 2 and 4 year old is The Pocket Parent. This book is also an A-Z compedium of worrisome behaviors with many sanity saving suggestions that have also worked well for us. I like both quick-read reference books becasue they include very specific strategies of what you might say and do to change the undesirable, often annoying behavior. Both have a sense of humor and compassion throughout, and they are both reasonably priced.
on April 12, 2003
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. From the moment I opened this book, I felt as if it was written for me. Now, my children don't even come close to exhibiting all the behaviors covered in this book, but the author has given me the skills and set the tone through realistic strategies and step-by-step recommendations that will serve me well for years to come. I have even given copies of No More Misbehavin' to my parents and in-laws. Now we are definitely (and finally!) on the same page.
on April 12, 2003
Let me begin by applauding Dr. Borba for once again giving us a resource that is both practical and realistic. While this book is a wealth of behavior tips, background information, and anecdotes based on real parent letters, its real value lies in its down-to-earth, step-by-step approach to handling difficult behaviors that challenge (or will challenge) every parent, every grandparent, and every teacher.
But the comprehensive discussion of 38 troublesome behaviors is just the beginning. This book truly lays the foundation for creating peace in the home by developing a positive attitude and meaningful relationship with children-a relationship built on fairness, honesty, and respect. Bringing this book into your home will change your life. For me, it was about accepting responsibility, sharing that responsibility, and taking on the challenge of understanding and modifying behavior. But, in the end, I see that it's even more about improving the overall quality of my life, and that of my children, through changing the dynamics of an entire family.
Discipline is not a four-letter word. It is the starting point for making this world a better place-one child, one family at a time.
on April 6, 2003
Parents are always looking for great ideas on how to improve their kids behavior. Michele Borba's new book offers strategies that are easy and fun to use and that actually work! So many parenting books are based on theory. No More Misbehavin' offers proven and practical ways to address 38 specific behaviors in a way that provides results...and within a short period of time. There is also another unique and important benefit Dr. Borba's book offers...the results are permanent. She shows parents and teachers how to change a behavior and replace it with a more desired behavior. This is what makes her book way ahead of the pack of the many "discipline" books available today. Keep this book close to your nightstand. It will become an indespensible resource.
Anne Leedom<...
on January 15, 2004
This book covers a lot and is written where it is quite easy to digest. Her tone is similar to other favorite authors of mine and this always seems to keep me reading. Also recommended, Mommy-CEO, by Jodie Lynn. I received both books as gifts and they are a must have for every household who want to finally get cooperation and peace back in the house and love back in the relationship with your kids - and hubby too.