5.0 out of 5 stars Life Journey
Diane offers several suggestions for how to read her book, Torah Yoga. My choice has been to read and reread the introduction. I love Diane's emphasis on first things: the word, the breath, attending to the foundation before moving into postures and finding the origins of our life journeys.
As a midwife, I work with women and families embarking on the life journey...
Published on June 9 2004 by lorene k gilliksen

1.0 out of 5 stars YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN'
ANOTHER CLEVER ATTEMPT AT PROFITING THROUGH RELIGIOUS BELIEFS.
WHAT ELSE IS NEW ?? WHEN WILL IT STOP????????
Published on May 27 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Journey, June 9 2004
This review is from: Torah Yoga: Experiencing Jewish Wisdom Through Classic Postures (Paperback)
As a midwife, I work with women and families embarking on the life journey of pregnancy. Today in the U.S., alot of technology is available to evaluate the status of pregnancy. As a guide for pregnant women, I try to encourage them to trust their own intuition and the strength of their own bodies. Diane has given me the tools to promote this concept with women.
I've had the privilege to take Torah Yoga classes with Diane, I can hear her voice when I read the explanation of postures in her book. The directions are easy to follow. Perhaps I only want to read the introduction because I don't want to come to the end of the book. But the book is a guide to a journey. Diane has given me and everyone else who reads her book the encouragement we need to become our own guides.

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautifully written and interesting book..., June 1 2004
By A Customer
Raised as a Presbyterian, a competitive swimmer, and a mathematician (order not important), I am not naturally drawn either to spiritual mysticism or yoga. This beautifully written and interesting book, however, has helped me to understand how one could be drawn to those things. My thanks to the author, who obviously cares very deeply about her subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars An explosive,expansive mind,body and spirt journey., May 19 2004
R. Cohen (San Francisco,CA) - See all my reviews
Bloomfield touches the depths of one's body and soul in this beautifully written guide to studying both Torah and Yoga.There is a sense of ease and comfort in her wisdom and her teachings. The Yoga postures are easy to replicate and the photos enhance the warmth of the book. Whether a novice or a master, this book will want you coming back for more...a must read for anyone who embraces and desires to expand their essence.

1.0 out of 5 stars YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN', May 27 2004
By A Customer
ANOTHER CLEVER ATTEMPT AT PROFITING THROUGH RELIGIOUS BELIEFS.
WHAT ELSE IS NEW ?? WHEN WILL IT STOP????????

Torah Yoga: Experiencing Jewish Wisdom Through Classic Postures
Torah Yoga: Experiencing Jewish Wisdom Through Classic Postures by Diane Bloomfield (Paperback - April 8 2004)
CDN$ 21.99 CDN$ 15.87