5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended For All Parents, April 3 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Don't Give Me That Attitude!: 24 Rude, Selfish, Insensitive Things Kids Do and How to Stop Them (Paperback)
I've read all of Michele Borba's books. To me, she stands for the kind of parent I want to be: you can't just sit back and expect everything to go well. You have to get engaged and if there's a problem you have to deal with it. I love my kid -- he's great-- but he's been home lately with a back talking attitude. I couldn't believe his flippant tone and I didn't know how to deal with it. And then I picked up Borba's new book. The great part is that I was able to go to contents, find the attitude, and immediately turn to the section and get point by point steps to do to turn it around. It's been only three days, but I'm already seeing a big change in my child. I've read alot of other parent books. Most are so filled with theory and vague generalities. The great thing about Michele Borba's books is that they are very specific and action oriented and give you real live activities you can do. Try it and you'll see.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solutions, not advice!, March 26 2004
By A Customer
Finally, a book that gives real solutions to common and embarrassing behaviors I see in so many kids today! As a teacher, I highly recommend this book to all parents who want to really improve their child's behavior. Dr. Borba's book is easy to follow and filled with practical, simple solutions that really do work! I hope that parents will make this the next book to read on every nightstand in America.

5.0 out of 5 stars Realistic & practical ways to boost kids' character., April 3 2004
By A Customer
I'm a real fan of Michele Borba's books so I must admit I've been waiting for Don't Give Me That Attitude! This one is one of her best. I'm a counselor and deal with kids with "attitudes" (though most parents would call them behavior problems) -- manipulative, defiant, cheating, arrogant, you name it. The problem is there really wasn't much out there in the way of specifics to help parents. But these makeovers for bad attitudes are realistic and specific. There are so many strategies and ideas .. checklists.. resources.. and stepby step guidelines. The only thing I'd caution a parent about is not to think you have to do it all. Just turn to the attitude you think needs tuning up -- and dig in. The book is a goldmine!~

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just For Teachers!, March 28 2004
Hey teachers! Struggling with some of those same old attitudes that seem hard to change? Dr. Borba's book "Don't Give Me That Attitude" has practical, insightful strategies that can be implemented into the classroom today! This book is parent AND teacher friendly, child centered, and a positive approach to repeat behaviors that have exhausted all your efforts. You'll notice a change in students' attitudes immediately, and a more positive, encouraging atmosphere in your classroom. A must have resource for your classroom!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Sept. 29 2014