5.0 out of 5 stars Indespensible
I was absolutely thrilled to read this book, knowing it's available for parents' planning on having children.

Published on April 16 2008 by Norma Lehmeierhartie

3.0 out of 5 stars Loved the first book but this one was OK
Published 18 months ago by viviana marinacci

3.0 out of 5 stars Loved the first book but this one was OK, March 4 2013
This review is from: Raising Baby Green: The Earth-Friendly Guide to Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Baby Care (Paperback)
It wasn't what I expected. I was hoping for more information an extension of the first but this is more like a review of the first with some information on environmental products etc. It is a good read but I felt the first one was more focused on what we put into the body and this one is focused on reviewing the last and more on things etc. I do recommend reading it though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Indespensible, April 16 2008
Norma Lehmeierhartie (New York, USA) - See all my reviews

Raising Baby Green is an essential guide to protect your baby from what are mostly unseen dangers. These dangers are found in everyday products everyone uses--from food, to personal baby care products to baby furniture and much more. They are the pesticides, chemicals, preservatives and additives that can harm babies.

The book covers everything you need to raise a child in the safest possible manner, beginning in the womb. The book guides to help make non-toxic and safe choices for everything that affects the baby.

The bonus is that a green lifestyle is beneficial to everyone in the family and for the environment as well.

By the award winning author, Harmonious Environment: Beautify, Detoxify and Energize Your Life, Your Home and Your Planet.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too basic, not truly a baby book, Jan. 31 2010
E. Muir - See all my reviews
I was fairly disappointed in this book. As someone who has read everything about the environment I could get my hands on since age 12, Raising Baby Green was just too simple and basic for me. A lot of the information was what any reasonably earth-conscious consumer would already know--it didn't go into much detail about any of the topics. As well, I wouldn't call it a specifically pregnancy/baby related book. It was more of a broad introduction to being eco-friendly in all areas of living, ie home renovation, gardening, etc.

If you are just starting to dabble in the "world of green" and happen to be pregnant or have a young family, maybe this book would be helpful to you. For anyone with ANY kind of prior eco knowledge, though, I prefer Gorgeously Green by Sophie Uliano, or Green for Life by Gillian Deacon--in both these books, the chapters on babies were far more detailed and informative than the entire Raising Baby Green book.

CDN$ 18.99 CDN$ 13.71