5.0 out of 5 stars Good read
Had heard this on tape years ago. enjoyed reading it now. Now have all of the series except newest ones.
Published 19 months ago by Ellanore Turner

2.0 out of 5 stars Dead Caterer
I was disappointed with this book. I kept waiting for it to get better, but is never did. I was hoping to use this book for my book club. It was not goo enough. The characters were two dimensional. Blah!
Published 11 months ago by Ingrid

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun introduction to culinary whodunit., Aug. 11 2002
This was a a light, entertaining book and and fun murder mystery. The first book in the series, we are introduced to Goldy Bear (Whose real name is Gertrude Bear Korman). Goldy has started her own catering business, to support herself and her son, after divorcing her abusive ex husband. While catering a funeral, Goldy's ex father in law is poisoned, and Goldy's business is shut down. In order to clear her name and get her life back, Goldy decides to investigate the crime.
Chock full of interesting characters, a possible love interest and as an added bonus, some terrific sounding recipes. I can't wait to move on to the next book in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read one and I was hooked. --, July 30 2002
Ruth A. Caldwell "Highland Princess" (Walnut Creek, CA United States) - See all my reviews
"Catering to Nobody" is the first delectable book in this culinary mystery series full of crazy, different characters.
Lightly entertaining, and a good murder mystery Davidson's witty writing and clever clues combine with some yummy recipes along the way to solving this short, fun mystery.
Goldy is a former battered wife who has finally divorced her abusive doctor husband and strikes out to support herself and her pre-teen son by starting an upscale catering company.
Handsome police officer Tom Schultz adds another delicious dimension to the story. If you enjoy Grafton, Evanovich, and Tamar Myers (my other favorite mystery authors who write about 'real' people) you'll enjoy Goldy's sleuthing attempts to determine 1)who keeps trying to poison her lovable (?) ex-father-in-law, 2)who murdered her son's lovely, yet peculiar prior elementary school teacher and (deep breath) 3)WHY does everyone seem to know more about the entire mystery than Goldy? Most mysterious of all her books I've read to date! Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great start to a series, July 24 2002
"whoasam" (Sunny beach in San Diego) - See all my reviews
I wanted some easy fun reading that was a no brainer and I got it. I really enjoyed this book and cant wait to start on the others in this series. I liked all the crazy different characters and everything that went along with them. Plent of twist and turns kept me reading on through night so I would see how they all came together. Overall if your looking for fun easy reading, check this one out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Davidson Books A Pleasure, April 11 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Catering To Nobody (Hardcover)
This was the first Davidson book I read, and have since read her entire collection. I love her sense of family and home - she is always most relaxed when she is in the kitchen cooking. I have also tried several of her recipes and my husband praises her dishes! Light, entertaining, and a good murder mystery in each story. Enjoy-

1.0 out of 5 stars Left a Bad Taste in My Mouth, April 4 2002
By A Customer
To be honest upfront, I didn't get past the first few chapters of this mystery. I didn't care for Davidson's prose, nor did I find the characters compelling. Actually, I found the protagonist Goldy (could the name be any more precious??) a bit off-putting and not in any way believable. Goldy's a caterer whose ex-husband used to beat her -- and she goes out of her way to make sure she doesn't serve him tomatoes at a function she's catering, because he's allergic to them. Is it just me, or does that make her a complete doormat? Who wants to read about someone like that? Or her alcoholic mother-in-law? I don't know about you, but I've got to like the people I read about. For all I know, the ending of "Catering to Nobody" is brilliant, but I just couldn't see slogging through it to find out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Out of Print!!!???, July 6 2001
V. VanCamp "lovesbookslovesmusic" (Ithaca, New York USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Catering To Nobody (Hardcover)
I can't believe this book is out of print in paperback and out of stock in hardcover. What a shame! "Catering to Nobody" is the first lovable book in the culinary mystery series. Among the twists and turns of an engrossing mystery you will find about 3 recipes (other books have more). In this book, Goldy's business is officially shut down due to poison-laced coffee that nearly kills her ex-father-in-law. Many believe she is guilty ... so Goldy must find the real culprit!

5.0 out of 5 stars A New Addiction!, June 19 2000
By A Customer
I am so glad I discovered this series. Anyone who enjoys Sue Grafton, Janet Evanovich, and other authors with 'real' people will love Davidson's books. My only beef is with a blurb on the cover, comparing her to Mary Higgins Clark. I found the characters in this book far more human, appealing, and humorous. I'm furiously ordering every one of the books in this series. She's just my style.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Feast for Mystery Lovers!, June 5 2000
Every once in a while, I love to just sit back with a short, fun mystery like this novel. Goldy, a single mom and caterer, finds herself in the middle of a sinister murder plot by catering a wake for one of her son's former teachers. Goldy knows all of the usual suspects, and the handsome sheriff can't help but ask Goldy for her help. This book is a lot of fun, and the recipes sound wonderful! Can't wait to continue reading the series...

3.0 out of 5 stars Great food! Fun mystery!, Oct. 29 1999
Raquel Lynn (Long Island, New York) - See all my reviews
Catering to Nobody is a fun read for those who love food and mysteries. It can be too wordy and trite at times, but overall it is entertaining. I look forward to reading more adventures of Goldy Bear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mysteries & Munchies, June 12 1999
By A Customer
Fun, entertaining book! Holds you attention & recipes are great, too

Catering to Nobody
Catering to Nobody by Diane Mott Davidson (Audio Cassette - Dec 1996)
Used & New from: CDN$ 46.84