countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on July 30, 1999
VERY campy movie that really sucked so badly that I can't believe that work was actually put into it(it certainly doesn't seem like it). No special effects AT ALL but for the opening scene with bats. All the vampires had were green eyes AND THAT WAS IT!. The video store clerk told me it was awful beyond anything we have seen before. We both LOVED the first one though. DONT RENT THIS AND I WILL FEEL AS THOUGH I HAVE SERVED MY PUPOSE!
on January 23, 2000
This one is not serious, not for a bit. There's gory slaugther, there are cool characters and there's not even a little tiny piece of a story that isn't forgotten after half the movie.
Still I liked it. I liked the wacky camerawork that reminds me of Sam Raimi (Evil Dead) when he is in his most playful mood. I liked the actors interaction (before they became vampires) and I liked the ending scene.
What I didn't like was the second half of the movie where there was only fighting, and not interesting fighting. Four criminal vampires just slaughtering polices can be fun for a bit, but not for too long. If you want a stupid movie with high budget where crazy vampires tries to kill other people with no thought of consequences or really no thoughts at all, this is a film for you.
on June 17, 1999
From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money is an okay movie, but the name From Dusk Till Dawn should have notbeen on this movie, because it is not as good and does NOT deserve the name. I wish Tarantino would have wrote the sequel so that way it would have at least had a chance to be better or as good as the first! George Cloony's character would have been a good thing to have in the sequel also! Thank you, Mike
on April 12, 2001
What an awful script - really makes the blood curdle:) I've seen better vampire movies 20 years ago. I did have a good laugh at little things like the BYTE ME car number plate and the length of the solar eclipse. Whoops! I hope I'm not giving too much away. However, I will NOT be giving away my copy of this video. It's part of my ever-growing Robert Patrick collection.
on June 24, 1999
I had HIGH hopes for this film. I loved the first one and watched it more then a million times. I was looking SO forward to this sequel. In the end, it just goes to show that the old saying is right. "Sequels are never as good as the original". I cant believe what a piece of foulness this movie is. The only thing I really found excellent was the Sam Raimi-like Camera shots. The movie itself is just boring and a foul mess. I dident enjoy it for a second and I have lost quite a lot of respect for Tarantino. I lost respect for Rodriguez after I saw the Faculty. I just want to tell everyone that this movie has killed a lot of high hopes of hardcore Dusk Till Dawn Fans.
on November 22, 1999
I am surprised at the quite negative criticism this film has received. While not as good as the first FDTD movie, this is a perfectly respect- able direct to video horror production, far better than most direct to video releases. Not so bad as I had been led to believe, gory and lively, nicely photographed and pleasantly over the top, with some good bits of business scattered through the script. The cast is a nice mix of old familiar faces and B-movie stars, I especially liked Raymond Cruz and that old reliable Bo Hopkins ("The Wild Bunch") as well as the ever popular Danny Trejo. No masterpiece, but a fun rental I'll certainly watch more than once.
Such a subpar effort that it doesnt deserve to be released. Why the producers decided to tag the "Dusk til Dawn" logo on this crap is obvious, they needed to make a quick bug. If you are a fan of the original, you'll be hard pressed to find anything tying the 2 movies together except for the inclusion of " The Titty Twister" from the first film and it only makes a cameo, if you can imagine that. This film lacks the intelligent scripting, funny action and great F/X of the original and replaces it with no F/X and cheesy action you've seen a hundred times before from a no name director I've never heard of. Save your money!
on October 31, 2000
It seems Quentin Tarantino & Robert Rodrigues wanted to make a franchise series without any thought apart from trying to milk money out of unsuspecting filmgoers. This and the 3rd installment went straight to video so they knew the sequels were not up to par with the original. FDTD 2 is very predictable so there are no surprises, not even the gory vampire killings. The only reason to watch this movie (especially if you're a male) is to see Playboy Playmate Maria Checa in a brief supporting role in which she is killed in a shower scene directly ripped off from Hitchcock's PSYCHO.
on January 25, 2000
I watched this movie with a bunch of friends expecting it to be of a similar quality to the original - how wrong we were! This movie was dire, the "Plot", if thats what you want to call it looked like the actors made it up as they went along, most of the lines sounded "ad lib" and the bats looked like they were hanging from pieces of elastic band. The effects were bad even for a B movie, I could go on forever picking this mvie to pieces, but I dont have the time or space to do so, the verall quality looked like something from a low budget tv station. Avoid!
on December 30, 2000
This movie was actually very good. It had a good dose of action, humor, discusting scenes of eating dead cops, and enough scenes with Robert Patrick to keep me happy for years to come!! It's really good, and it also has some petty nice lines. I would also say that you should rent it before buying it.