4.0 out of 5 stars Vampire Bank Robbers
This is a sequel to From Dusk Till Dawn but it could just as easily be set before the first film. This one involves a bank robbery South of the border. The team is put together and they all head for a motel near the target. But one member is a little late and runs afoul of a vampire.
As a vampire, he joins the rest of the team and starts converting them to...
Published on March 29 2004 by Joshua Koppel

1.0 out of 5 stars OH SO VERY, VERY LAME!
Here's a few tips I gleaned from watching "FDTD 2" that I think should be born in mind by EVERY aspiring filmmaker:
1. Just because a camera angle or tricky move seems cool at the time does not mean you should actually use it. As soon as I saw the scene in this film shot from a rotating fan's point of view I knew I was in trouble. Take the time to make sure that...
Published on June 3 2002 by Matthew C. Pinkerton

2.0 out of 5 stars Mostly standard direct-to-video sequel..., Dec 6 2002
L. Varnau "nerff20" (Indy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: From Dusk Till Dawn 2 Texas Bl (VHS Tape)
This film has its moments, but it is otherwise a lost sequel to the awesome original from Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarentino. This film focuses on a group of bank robbers who decide to knock off a score one night. But things go wrong when one is bitten by a vampire and soon the body count rises. Robert Patrick is so-so as our hero, who suspects something's wrong immediately. Some neat camera tricks and plenty of violence abound, but this is mostly a flat delivery and a cheap imitation to the first one. However, the film's opening is excellent with Bruce Campbell in a cameo being terrorized by hordes of bats. This is the film's best moment.

2.0 out of 5 stars From Dusk Till Dawn 2 - Not as Good as Original, Oct. 31 2000
By A Customer
It seems Quentin Tarantino & Robert Rodrigues wanted to make a franchise series without any thought apart from trying to milk money out of unsuspecting filmgoers. This and the 3rd installment went straight to video so they knew the sequels were not up to par with the original. FDTD 2 is very predictable so there are no surprises, not even the gory vampire killings. The only reason to watch this movie (especially if you're a male) is to see Playboy Playmate Maria Checa in a brief supporting role in which she is killed in a shower scene directly ripped off from Hitchcock's PSYCHO.

1.0 out of 5 stars ANYONE WHO LIKED THIS MOVIE NEEDS THEIR HEADS EXAMINED!, Jan. 25 2000
Benjamin Pascall (Manchester, Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
I watched this movie with a bunch of friends expecting it to be of a similar quality to the original - how wrong we were! This movie was dire, the "Plot", if thats what you want to call it looked like the actors made it up as they went along, most of the lines sounded "ad lib" and the bats looked like they were hanging from pieces of elastic band. The effects were bad even for a B movie, I could go on forever picking this mvie to pieces, but I dont have the time or space to do so, the verall quality looked like something from a low budget tv station. Avoid!

4.0 out of 5 stars Must be watched before dusk till dawn, Jan. 31 2000
I have read a lot of mixed reviews about this movie and after watching it myself I would say that it is a good film but really I am not a great fan of prequels as they are generally cheap immitations. With an exeption this film was along the same plot and the geko brothers get a little mention, filled with vampires yet again, but some fail to realise that this is a PREQUEL ! So they are thinking how come the bar is open and rebuilt again ! Dusk till Dawn rocks can't wait for Dusk Till Dawn 3 - 'Hang Mans Daughter'

4.0 out of 5 stars This was fun; not as good as the original, but still fun., Oct. 6 1999
This film is both funny and gory. Being a fan of the original and of the director, Scott Speigel, I had to see this film. True, the Tarantino dialog isn't there, but the humor, gore, action, bullets, explosions,stunts, and outrageous direction more than make up for it. Spiegel used this same type of direction for his slasher bloodfest Intruder. I found it entertaining and was very pleased to see Bo Hopkins still going strong. This is fun stuff...no logic required; just sit back and enjoy the action.

1.0 out of 5 stars The most pathetic attempt at a sequel, Feb. 14 2001
Claire (Gold Coast, QLD Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: From Dusk Till Dawn 2 Texas Bl (VHS Tape)
This movie is such an awful mistake. From Dusk Til Dawn was one of the best movies I've ever seen, to bring it down with ... like this is so wrong. If you saw the first, please, please, please do NOT see this!! The camera work is shocking, the story line is a flop and the acting (if you can call it that) is so weak that nothing could save it. Don't waste your time on this movie, try dropping a brick on your foot insted, it would be less painful.

1.0 out of 5 stars Trash, July 30 1999
This review is from: From Dusk Till Dawn 2 Texas Bl (VHS Tape)
VERY campy movie that really sucked so badly that I can't believe that work was actually put into it(it certainly doesn't seem like it). No special effects AT ALL but for the opening scene with bats. All the vampires had were green eyes AND THAT WAS IT!. The video store clerk told me it was awful beyond anything we have seen before. We both LOVED the first one though. DONT RENT THIS AND I WILL FEEL AS THOUGH I HAVE SERVED MY PUPOSE!

1.0 out of 5 stars A good movie, but it should NOT have the same name as #1, June 17 1999
This review is from: From Dusk Till Dawn 2 Texas Bl (VHS Tape)
From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money is an okay movie, but the name From Dusk Till Dawn should have notbeen on this movie, because it is not as good and does NOT deserve the name. I wish Tarantino would have wrote the sequel so that way it would have at least had a chance to be better or as good as the first! George Cloony's character would have been a good thing to have in the sequel also! Thank you, Mike

4.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Horror "B" movie!, Jan. 26 2003
By A Customer
Why are you guys trashing this? Sure it lacks all the suspense of other scary movies, but is VERY fun and action-packed! The best part in my opinion was the final showdown between the police and the bank robbers. (it REALLY blows a Swarzeneggar/Stallone movie out of the water!) If you're looking for something to do on a dull, rainy day, be sure to see this! It's the best I have seen of Vampire films! ^_^

2.0 out of 5 stars Makes the Blood Curdle, April 12 2001
This review is from: From Dusk Till Dawn 2 Texas Bl (VHS Tape)
What an awful script - really makes the blood curdle:) I've seen better vampire movies 20 years ago. I did have a good laugh at little things like the BYTE ME car number plate and the length of the solar eclipse. Whoops! I hope I'm not giving too much away. However, I will NOT be giving away my copy of this video. It's part of my ever-growing Robert Patrick collection.

From Dusk Till Dawn 2 Texas Bl
From Dusk Till Dawn 2 Texas Bl by Scott Spiegel (VHS Tape - 2003)
Used & New from: CDN$ 34.19